Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will make a electrical schematic and post it. I was also thinking of a red-green-blue LED setup to give it a combined white color, but also to have a refractive look of seperate colors. If you do this, try the red-blue-green thing, I want to see how that looks. I got the parts at Radio Shack, the resistors are cheap but the White LED's are about 5 bucks each. I just drilled a 5mm hole in my headlight housing ( standard size drill works fine too, just make sure it is a press-fit ) inserted the LED's and used gasket making silicone to seal them tight. You can hook them up to any 12v source, the LED's only pull about 23ma of current each.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooops, also remember to heat shrink the leads after you solder them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
City lights is what it's called. You can get the kits anywhere-Pepboys, AutoZone......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Well, yes you can do city light if you attach it to the parking light. And about DRL is when you just turn it on whenever the car is running........., hehhe...... different application.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,039 Posts
that looks mean as hell!
wow.... mighty impressive.

anyways, congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
City lights are incandescent. These are white LED's, they have a eerie moon-like color to them, very flourescent kinda, you could not get this effect with city lights. If you saw it in person, you would understand.
 
G

·
Could you post some higher res pics? Thanks dude, looks good, but not enough detail for me to really see what it looks like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Could you post some higher res pics? Thanks dude, looks good, but not enough detail for me to really see what it looks like.
I will, later. My camera crapped out on me while I was exposing it to the fury of my Soudstream Reference 1000 kicking on a Kicker S15L5 sub. I wanted to get pics of the 1.2" of cone travel, but my camera died in the process.
 

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
909 Posts
wow how'd u do that to your headlights?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Re: Cool!

hedrinbc said:
Thats cool...

It's kinda like the new Angel Eyes/Demon Eyes mod on Beemers!
:D



Let's see some more pics!
-Ben
kinda...but not quite. those are city lights, the angel eyes aren't city lights ;p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Soon, I will put red, green and blue LED's in, and I will build a controller that will change the colors all the time, red>orange>yellow>white>green>blue>violet, etc. That is my next project. BTW, they are not "city lights", even if they look like it, I will not ever have anything on or in my car that came from Autozone (except for an air freshener or the hot girl behind the counter). Die aftermarket parts stores!! DIE!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
takemorepills said:
Soon, I will put red, green and blue LED's in, and I will build a controller that will change the colors all the time, red>orange>yellow>white>green>blue>violet, etc. That is my next project. BTW, they are not "city lights", even if they look like it, I will not ever have anything on or in my car that came from Autozone (except for an air freshener or the hot girl behind the counter). Die aftermarket parts stores!! DIE!!
now THAT would be cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
wow

hey can you do me a favor an give me STEP BY STEP on how you did that. i 'm not very experienced but would defintely want to do something like that. how did you hook it up to the battery. thanks man:confused: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Re: wow

sllushii said:
hey can you do me a favor an give me STEP BY STEP on how you did that. i 'm not very experienced but would defintely want to do something like that. how did you hook it up to the battery. thanks man:confused: :D
drill two holes wit a bit, and put in a wired led....

the led has a short and a long wire, the short wire is negative. connect the resisitor to the long wire and to a 12v source, then the neg to a ground spot...thats bascially it..reread his instructions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya ngthing, I just drilled two holes in my reflectors. Be careful, drill only a hole big enough for the LED, and seal it well. You will need to remove your headlights, and BTW I just tapped into the running light on the corner lamp. When I make my multi-color fade set-up, I will have a controller that will be switched from a constant 12v.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
takemorepills said:
ya ngthing, I just drilled two holes in my reflectors. Be careful, drill only a hole big enough for the LED, and seal it well. You will need to remove your headlights, and BTW I just tapped into the running light on the corner lamp. When I make my multi-color fade set-up, I will have a controller that will be switched from a constant 12v.
i dont have your car, i drive a maxima ;p

i did the same thing with white led's behind my projectors. i'm curious about your controller...it intrigues me
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top