Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Life Ruiner
4,868 Posts
mechanical undertanding of engines. you need some muscle. you will get hurt and bleed. need tools(best=air tools), hoist, service manuals. the first time will probably be a 2 day job just to take it out. 2 people is better than on 1

~TRu Hybrid

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dv8 said:
mechanical undertanding of engines. you need some muscle. you will get hurt and bleed. need tools(best=air tools), hoist, service manuals. the first time will probably be a 2 day job just to take it out. 2 people is better than on 1

~TRu Hybrid
I bleed just by taking off the EGR Pipe and the Air Suction Valve. If I give myself a month of doing it part time will that be enough?

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, possibly buying a busted head gasket Legend for 1500 with less than 120k and replacing the engine or head gasket. But I don't have a hoist for the car, but a hoist for the engine I do have. Will that work? I am sure I will have to be dang careful...

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am worried about cracked/warped heads because I don't know how long it was driven overheated. I have jackstands (don't have to have those to do the HG) Why sell it? I think I could get 7-8 out of it and pay around 2k for everything high 3k. Would you buy it for 2500 shipped and put about 1k into it including a head gasket, head rests, stereo and dr side arm rest?

· Registered
1,306 Posts
I've swapped a Type II into my 93 L. I didn't have a hoist. It took over 6 months to do in my own garage including winter break and vacations. I almost forgot this was a honda because swapping B-series motors I can do in a day.

· Registered
78 Posts
I am in the midst of installing my engine. Took it out was a two day job with plenty of breaks. Took about 4 hours to drop it in now I am hooking up electronics and rubber.
The car is a tight fit so its a slow process. If you have never yanked an engine it isnt the easiest I have seen but its pretty straight forward. The axels gave me the biggest fit comming out. An engine hoist is a must and the jack stands. I was thinking of doing an DIY but it would be a bear. Maybe we could get a helpful hints page. For example the two back motor mounts dont hook up to the engine but do sit on frame prior to installing the engine with down pipes already installed.

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, I don't know what I am going to do yet. I still have a reliable car, but I wanted to do this one and sell it and make some money because I will have a ton of time over the break to do the head gasket and sell it for 6g's and buy everything for 3g's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.