Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Indiglo Guages for there G2? Either The Reverse or the Reg. I just want to know if the Reg. start to bother your eyes after a long drive?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the 5 Color one's from ProCarParts and They do not bug me at all. Even though they have 5 colors to choose from they also have 5 different light levels to choose from so you can make it as bright or as dark as you choose.

I was really impressed :eek: with them and would tell anyone to go out and buy a set.

Good Luck,
Mark

·
Registered
424 Posts
I say get them! They look awesome......I'm gonna put mine on, hey mark r ur Mugen?

·
Registered
327 Posts
no, they do not have the mugen sign on them. They look just like stock or even the mugen one's, but without the MUGEN logo.

You don't even have to paint your needles like everyone say's because when they are in on you see the needles perfectly.
In that way too, when you go back to stock (if your selling your car or whatever) you can still see your needles, but if you paint or color them red your in trouble.

GOOD LUCK,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
what are some sites for the indiglo guages. like the 5 color ones im planing on buyin some got to go to bball game bye

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wTnLeGeNd said:
what are some sites for the indiglo guages. like the 5 color ones im planing on buyin some got to go to bball game bye
I'm not sure But I think Procarparts Has them or just check out Ebay
One

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got mine off e-bay from Procarparts cheaper than their website.
They are not to hard to install (about 2-3 hours) if you are very careful and that includes the removing of dash, cluster, etc...
Just DO NOT remove the needles and take your time and you'll be fine. You could steel your dimmer from pretty much anywhere for the power.

Good Luck,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

G

·
Is there a way to do this in a G2 Coupe where it goes up to 160MPH? I saw that you guys were talking about the reverse and regular indiglo. I still don't understand though how reverse indiglo is possible considering that with reverse it doesn't light up anything around the needles.

Regular indiglo makes sense though but do you need to turn off the overhead light? I'm confused. ':confused:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the regular ind. gauges and they come with there own light's on the back (built into the gauges, does not use any factory lighting). The whole gauge does light up and I have even turned down the factory lights on my dash so they look more of the color and I think the reverse gauges are built the same.

I think at the old forum there was a work in progress for a group buy type II gauge set-up, but I am not sure what happened. I would not suggest you use the type I just because then your speedo is worthless and there is no hole for your TCS lights.

Hope I did not confuess you more,
Mark

AKA Legendmap

·
Registered
327 Posts
Also the ones from MMRUSA are NOT lay overs like the other gauges and the needles have to be REMOVED for install. If you remove them you have to take them to a shop to get them reset (re-calibrated). You would probably be better off just paying the shop to install them.

G

·
How would I go about trying to get a group buy going for some 160MPH speedo indiglo guages... and would the Reverse Indiglo guages work without any problems?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts