Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the air box off my stock intake today and it sounded so cool that I seriously want to get an aftermarket intake.
Can anyone reccomend a good brand of intake that sounds good and doesn't create any problems with my car ( I have 93 L w/o TCS... I've read some shady stuff about the dragon intake)

Also, when you have aftermarket intake, how do you clean your engine bay w/o getting water in your intake?

Thanks

G

·
I like the sounds of aftermarket intakes. RM Racing makes one for $215 I think. Weapon R makes one for around 172.41 at Nopionline.com. Importtoys.com makes one for around 89.99 I think.

Well most would give you performance gains but a CAI(Cold Air Intake) would give you the most performance gain. DV8 makes one or you can make your own. Hope it helps and correct me if I made any mistakes.

G

·
The sound of an aftermarket intake is just sweet. I got one because I wanted to get an Intake, Exhaust, and then chip. I figured also that hopefully by the time I get these next two things done, the headers will be on there way.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Weapon R dragon intakes. I've had mine for 2 years, no problems what so ever. There are plenty of owners here who owns the weapon R and none have reported anything problems with it.

Also WeaponR probably makes the best fit intake for the legend too.

another post about RM and weaponR intake

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
No probs here with Weapon R----

on a side note, you will not really hear your intalke once you go CAI, but others around you will hear it, and think you are "spraying" or have some kind of FI. It sounds awesome from the outside, not at anything like Civics and Integra's with CAI's...more refined, yet POWERFUL! Aaron, would you agree? Anyone else?

·
Registered
702 Posts
No Problems whatsoever with Weapon-R...Simple installation, great look.

Had the older Weapon-R Hyper Intake for like six months.

Have had the Dragon Intake and love it for about 8 months...sounds sweet and looks vicious!

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Leon Millette said:
No probs here with Weapon R----

on a side note, you will not really hear your intalke once you go CAI, but others around you will hear it, and think you are "spraying" or have some kind of FI. It sounds awesome from the outside, not at anything like Civics and Integra's with CAI's...more refined, yet POWERFUL! Aaron, would you agree? Anyone else?
I fully agree!!

I remember a while back racing a friend of mine in a cavalier Z24 (she wouldn't shut up about how fast she thought it was ;) ). We raced and I was WOT when I went by a building - the sound of my car bouncing off the building back at me was AMAZING :). This was the first time that I really heard what others hear after switching to my CAI.

Gotta love it......

- oh ya, I won (was there any doubt?!?!?)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I JUST PUT MY RM INTAKE ON ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND I LOVE THE SOUND OF IT. THE INTAKE SOUNDS AWSOME OVER 3500 RPM AND I CAN FEEL SOME PERFORMANCE INCREASE WHEN IM ON THE HIGHWAY. IF YOU ARE DEBATING ON GETTING AN INTAKE "GET AN INTAKE!!!"

·
Registered
100 Posts
RM Racing at Redline

I have had a RM racing intake for about 3 years now and absolutely love it! It is totally quiet at idle and off-throttle situations, but at Wide-open-throttle it really roars! My favorite thing lately is to keep it in second and take it up to the 6700 rpm redline as I pass under these bridges close by on my way to the office here (sorry, automatic owners!:p).

It sounds very much like an indy car at full song (I pop the sunroof open and/or open a window or two to hear it fully reverberate!
:D

BTW, underhood cleaning isn't a real big deal, just be a little bit careful around the intake. if it'll make you feel better, you could wrap a large sandwhich baggie around the foam element. Definitely get the K&N Filtercharger cleaning kit and maintain the filter correctly.

Also - In addition to the wonderful sound and the added top-end power, my RM-racing intake also nets me another 1/2 to 1 mpg more, taking me from 28 highway/mix up to 29.:p

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I've had my Weapon R Hyper Intake for about 6 months now and I say I love the sound of it, was an easy install and I havent had any problems with it. Like everyone says, its the best you can get that'll fit your Legend directly with no problem. I dont know about the other intakes out there but weapon r is cool with me.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
RM is a most definate buy, i dont know anything about Weapon R but from my expierience i wouldn't buy a different intake, plus the color of the RM is inconspicuous, Black. i LOOVE the sound , i'd prefer to hear a turbo whistle but im not complaining, (it might be closer than you think) but other than that I SAY RM ALL THE WAY FOR LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE (if you're a more subtle and subdued person it kind of fits your persona with its color sceme).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.