Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OEM Spoiler on a G2 Coupe??? I have a Milano Red Coupe and was thinking about getting one... Pros / Cons??:)

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
it will add a nice touch and give your car a newly reborn look. do it!!! NOW!! for the summer. I have a pearl G2 coupe with the OEM spoiler. Make sure you get the tail light connectin to hook up to the spoiler. The honeys will be jocking&jocking&jocking it!!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a '93 Milano Red coupe. One of the first mods was to put on the "OEM Style w/ LED" spoiler from wings west. It is bad-ass! I think that it makes the coupes look even more aggressive. Plus, most coupes I see around don't have spoliers, so this mod will make yours more unique. I say go for it!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I agree with future on this one. The coupes actually look more sportier, agressive and luxurious with a spoiler. I've seen a few coupes without spoilers which actually look nice but overall I would add a spoiler to a coupe if it didn't come with one already.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
As far as the pro and cons. Well, we've mentioned all of the pros, but the con may be getting your spoiler jacked by some legend hater who will put the spoiler on his civic.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
As far as the pro and cons. Well, we've mentioned all of the pros, but the con may be getting your spoiler jacked by some legend hater who will put the spoiler on his civic.
I remember someone saying that did they did get their spoiler stolen but didn't know who did it. People take the weirdeist things from people.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think it is the 94-95 Coupe trunks with the integrated brake light that look gay with the spoiler b/c the raised area somewhat already acts as a spoiler so it looks dumb with a rounded off trunk and then a horizontal spoiler directly above it...

Picture the top of that trunk being horizontal with the spoiler still vertical...

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
92legend said:
I think it is the 94-95 Coupe trunks with the integrated brake light that look gay with the spoiler b/c the raised area somewhat already acts as a spoiler so it looks dumb with a rounded off trunk and then a horizontal spoiler directly above it...

Picture the top of that trunk being horizontal with the spoiler still vertical...
Me personally, I like the 94-95 trunklid with the integrated brake light on the trunk and the spoiler. Thats why I wanna get a 94-95 coupe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the 94-95 trunk too.... maybe cause I have one... And no I really really don't like the looks of spoilers. Someone said earlier that they thought that the Legend Coupe was so long that it needed a spoiler to compliment the trunk, well, the spoiler just makes the profile of the car look longer cause it somewhat just out back over the rear of the car. Here is my Coupe w/ no spoiler:

·
Holier than thou
38 Posts
Hi All,

The spoiler for most of us is an aesthetical enhancement. And it makes a big difference on two counts :

1. Our coupes are pretty long. With that length, spoiler becomes necessary for the sporty look.

2. Spoilers are more needed for 94-95 coupes. The reason is that raised area to accomodate the brake light which makes the lid slightly oval. The trunk lids of previous coupes are flat and flat trunks good great and don't need the spoiler at all. I wish that i had a flat trunk instead of the light in mine. Needless to say, i have a spoiler.

balaji
95 LS 6spd

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, 4 Milano Red coupes mentioned in this thread! (now that I add mine in!) I like the look without spoiler. I considered one for a bit but decided on leaving the clean lines alone. If I had a 94-95 I might reconsider due to the shape caused by the 3rd brake light.

Wasn't there a post in the rarest color treat saying that Milano Red was rarest? Well, here we have at least 4 of them! :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First of all, I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the car being to long and the spoiler making it look more sporty, because the spoiler just makes the car longer. Not only that... if anything the 91-93 coupes need the spoiler even more due to the fact that the flat trunk looks kinda funky.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, but the thing is that mostly old people have the other colors. Generally only people that are really into their cars buy red ones; and most of the people are here because they are really into their Legends. Just a thought though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, but the thing is that mostly old people have the other colors. Generally only people that are really into their cars buy red ones; and most of the people are here because they are really into their Legends. Just a thought though.
BUT...how many of us bought our Red Coupes new? I sure didn't. Though I didn't care what color I got as long as it was 6 speed.

Off topic anyways... just food for thought

BTW, when I bought my GSR, I did choose Milano Red.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts