Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people are having problem finding the main relay location.all you have to do send me an email and I will send you a picture of the main relay i have one out and also its location from the service manual

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Can you post it or email it to me and i'll host the pics, and then we can move this post to the DIY ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
main relay

sorry guys I just checked the forum today.pecan2phat,duluth88legend I will email you the pictures tomorrow and for jose I will email the same thing plus one picture from the service manual and how to test the main relay and post it,this way everybody knows.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Re: main relay

terry said:
maybe you can show me how to post messages with pictures.thanks
Usually you need a webhosting or a place where to put pics where u can link them. Usually, you can't do that w/ Geocities, etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the last picture shows where the main relay is located,just behind the fuse board and it has only one screw holding it.if you think that you need to replace yours,just disconnect the wire from the bad one and connect the new one and just bolt it somewhere or leave it hanging there,thank you jose for posting those pictures .that would help a lot of brothers with the main relay problem.I have 2 acura engines sitting on my driveway so if you guys are not sure where some parts are located email me or just post it

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is there an easy way to do this? I took about 2 hours to replace mine and I ended up not screwing the new one in- just letting it hang. It is so hard to work on. Are you supposed to take the whole fuse box out? I just took the whole panel off and got a 1' extender for my 10mm. It was still very tight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes this is the relay that causes the car not to start.like said it should take you about 15 to 30min to replace it.all you have to do is find the connector that goes to the realy,disconnet it and then connect it to the new relay and you can just let it hang it would not hurt anything,by the way no you dont have to take the fuse board just reach behind it and you feel the relay connection

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes thats the one.and no there is no other way to do it.but its very simple dont try to kill you self trying to move the front fuse board like I said before in my post now it takes me two minutes to change mine.all yo have to do is disconnect the wire and reconnect it to the new one and you are done.if you cant screw it somewhere just let it hang its not going to do any damage.if you can look at the last picture it tells you that the relay is just behind the board,so reach with you hand from the bottom until you can feel it.good luck

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.