Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Noticed some of you guys ride bikes. I'm a big fan of sports bikes, not so much the Harleys. **** some of those guys have attitude problems!!

I ride a 2001 Suzuki TL1000R sportsbike, V-Twin, D&D pipes, yellow/black. The thing is an animal. I think I could pull over a house with it!!!! Definitely the best bike I have ever owned. Before that I had a 97 CBR F3, 91 ZX-7 Ninja, 89 Katana 600, 98 250 Ninja.

I'm planning on a CBR 1100 XX next I think. What do y'all ride??

·
meber
978 Posts
I have seen pics of what Drink does on a bike and I can he is NUTS.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
whats up. i dont have my own bike yet, but im hoping to get a gsx 6 for the summer. my brother rides a gixxer 750, and he loves it. the day he came home with it last year, i was like ****, im gettin one soon!! but the money for the car held me back. i finally got some extra cash and soon enough, ill be ridin
BTW- u go to gixxer.com??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Gixxer baby

I rock a GSXR 750, Jetted w/Yosh RS3. As a matter of fact I just got back from a ass kickin ride, Had to get in a 300ZX's ass. When its sunny im always torn between my legend or my Gixxer.
I hope to get a TL1000 at the end of the year, Those bikes are so HOT.
My bike

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seasick,

Wish u didn't live so **** far away - mine is for sale!! Suprised to hear that no-one is representing Honda!!!! Peace guys

Drinkdontdrive

·
Registered
126 Posts
Representing HONDA!!!

I am riding a Honda 2001 VTR 250.
For those that don't know it, it is similar looking to a Ducati Monster! or the Buell Lightning

I got it in the bright Yellow. It is one of the few V-twins available ina small engine.
Fantastic pulling power at low end, and very comfy ride.
Only draw back is not enough power!!! Top speed with a fat ******* like me is 160 km/h or 100 mph, and I weigh 95kg or 210 pound.

Wanting to upgrade to a Honda VTR750 fireblade, or an VTR1000SP2. Maybe a Cagiva later on

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
SeaSickLegend, your bike looks killer. Now I see what you were talking about with those rims. Nice. We gotta ride this summer, soon. I've got a group together of 8 riders now. Two of my buddies bought new Buel's. And today my buddy with the R1 and I taught a girlfriend of ours how to ride. He helped her pick up a little '92 Suzuki 250 last weekend. Man that thing is weak, but fun! Top speed is 90mph @ 14,000 rpm. Too bad she dropped it today (her first day). But the cool thing is that she got right back on and kept practicing. Bike chicks rule!

But anyways, for you all that don't know I ride a '99 Ducati 996 (check the sig.). I love this thing. It just sounds pissed off all the time. Blows fire at 3,500 rpm (Feracci chip controls the fuel injection). Wheelies for days. Just fabulous. It's a nice contrast to my sleek, quiet Legend Sedan.

drinkdontdrive, I love the TL. I cruised around on one of those for a bit. One of the best-sounding V-Twins including the Superhawk and the Ducati. And unlike jmckell, I have not seen what you can do. Send me stuff, video's, etc....! I have a fast conn. so just tell me where to look. [email protected]. I love bike videos. I've got one of an R1 w/a camera mounted on the triple clamp going 180mph, and then whipping right by a cop! I bought a minicam for my bike, but I still need a little recorder or something to plug the RCA's into. It's a wireless cam. So hopefully we'll have some fun w/it this summer and make some videos.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
i still gotta get off my lazy ass and take the written test to finish it up. :p good thing i did the program to waive the riding portion from the dmv. but i'm lookin at a honda cbr f2. f3, if it's reasonably priced. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
drinkdontdrive said:
Seasick,

Wish u didn't live so **** far away - mine is for sale!! Suprised to hear that no-one is representing Honda!!!! Peace guys

Drinkdontdrive
Got any pics of it? How much are you asking? What bike do you plan to get to replace the TL?

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
i still gotta get off my lazy ass and take the written test to finish it up. :p good thing i did the program to waive the riding portion from the dmv. but i'm lookin at a honda cbr f2. f3, if it's reasonably priced. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know man.

Bread said:
SeaSickLegend, your bike looks killer. Now I see what you were talking about with those rims. Nice. We gotta ride this summer, soon.
You name the time and place. Im always down to ride. But the weather has to be good, I dont like to have to clean my bike too much.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Don't ride yet, but I intend to learn real soon. My Dad and older brother own a TL1000R with Yoshimura pipes. Awesome bike! That v-twin sounds amazing! One of the mechanics at the dealer said they sell a lot more GSX-R's, but the TL is much more durable.

When I do learn, I'm thinkin the Suzuki SV-650S is a good platform to start riding.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seasick

Seasick,

HEy, 2001, D&D pipes, black and yellow, warranty until 03/2005. I am asking $7995 obo.

I will probably get the new 1100XX (silver - bad looking mofo!!)

Hey, I'll even ride it up to you!!!

I have just switched to a new computer and all my pics are on it -when I get some energy I will hook up the old one and send you some pics.

Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts