Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those upgrading your ECU with the Bayou chip prepare yourselves. Its not just unscrewing 4 10mm nuts:mad: :mad: :mad:

Unless the sedan (I have a Coupe) is different, here's some pointers so you don't damage or potentially F&^k up your Legend:

1. The ECU is located under the front passenger seat (all the way up front under the dash)

2. Remove the lower door sill molding

3. Remove the side kicker panel (be very careful the tabs break easy in the winter)

4. Unfasten the carpet by the door still (1st two staples)

5. Pull the carpet back, guide the front lip of the carpet out from under the dash.

6. Now remove the 4x 10mm screws

7. *****Very Important**** disconnect the plug that connects to the black box on the inside of the ECU metal cover plate. DO not pull on the cover until this is disconnected

8. Remove the ECU metal cover plate (Take your time guiding this f&*ker out).

9. Now unplug the 5 connectors to the ECU. Take you time since these are very difficult to remove. I would not suggest pulling on the tens of thousands of wires attached to this brain.

10. Now simply remove the ECU...

Thanks guys for leaving out steps 2-4 and 7. Had to learn the hard way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, even the helms manual sucks sometimes...

I just pulled off my AC blower this afternoon, and the manual has many left out steps as well... lol, too bad that the clean and lube didn't fix the problem, now I have to get a new blower from a junk yard since dealer wants $319 just for the parts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
claus44 said:
yeah, even the helms manual sucks sometimes...

I just pulled off my AC blower this afternoon, and the manual has many left out steps as well... lol, too bad that the clean and lube didn't fix the problem, now I have to get a new blower from a junk yard since dealer wants $319 just for the parts.
What was the problem?

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
Well, when I installed my chip on the sedan, I just had to pull back on the carpet. But it still wasn't a very easy installation, because the carpet doesn't go back all the way, and the metal box protecting the ECU has some very sharp edges. Then unplugging the huge wires from an ECU from a 10 year old car was difficult. It's not a totally easy job but wasn't incredibly difficult either.

- ek

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
MC_ said:

Kudos to you for putting together a great deal...

$250 is a bargin....how many people took advantage of this deal?
My pleasure MC...should have been about 50+ participants....we had several stragglers.

Aiznpride, I would suggest you email Willie Johnson at [email protected]. Please identify yourself as a member of the "Acura Group Buy II". Just let him know you had complications and see if he can give you the same deal.

Guys, best of luck!
I hope everyone jumps on the next GB I have set up for the GC's!

·
Registered
283 Posts
bump...

For those of you in the new group buy....

·
Registered
812 Posts
could you enlighten us noobie on what this bayou chip does?

more power/gas saving device?

is it independent or do I need to upgrade w/ many other stuff?

also do u fell any diff since installing it?

·
2,873 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
well..i pulled my carpet and i saw only 2 10mm screws...am i blind? my car is a sedan...but these are on the outside of the metal plate over the ecu..so are there 4 more once the cover is off..i haven't gotten that far yet cuz i gotta wait a bit cuz i work nights..i.e week on and a week off..so i'll pay today..but send it in like on next monday or so..scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts