Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WHO WANTS CLEAR TAILLIGHTS!?!

I'm not trying to puts words in anyone else's mouth, but in another post, S/R mentioned the slight possibility of being the first to produce clear tails for our rides.

His main concern in this matter was legallity, but I personally would perfer a more European style which would retain the red lens, hence red/clear tails like seen on a 99 BMW m3. I think that would eliminate the worry of getting cited for our tails, and if worse comes to worse, we could get amber bulbs for the turn signals.

So who's in!? Do it like this: post a reply stating either sedan or coupe and keep a running total at the bottom for ease of tracking interest.

I have a coupe and that puts us at-

Coupes: 1
Sedans: 0

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
I'm in for a coupe set only if it is a red/clear combo. This, of course, is contingent on the final design of the lenses so I'd need to se a prototype first as I'm sure most of you would want as well.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
What will the pricing on these be? Will they be the entire housing and just completely replace the stock lights?

I would defiently rather have the red/clear combo for a sedan :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Another post... First question is price. Everyone wants red/clear or clear, or altezza, or custom. Then again, everyone wants them pretty cheap. How much is the price tag? Lense only or entire housing? Im in for clear or red/clear for a sedan (dependant on price, of course :))

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
yeah, i'm down for red'clear if they quality. just keep us updated, as long as they're not some outrageous price i'm sure, well i can't speak for everyone else...but, i'm down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far so good

after only about a day, it looks like we have a decent amount of interest.

Tallying up totals, I came up with:

Coupes: 4
Sedans: 4
Undisclosed: 2
and I think someone wanted completely clear for a coupe.

Naturally, pricing was an issue, but I think like all other situations like this its going to depend on the level of interest.

The important part is to know that this thread is only to show who cares about having these. As far as design, there wasnt much opposition to the red/clear combo, so I imagine thats where it'll end up, but price once again is pretty much going to be determined by our numbers, so post away.

Leon, if you think this could go somewhere and you are interested, by all means use your resources. I think you probably have direct contact with S/R, so if you could get them to post, I think everyone would be interested to see what they have to say.

Dave L

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Red with the normally amber colored center strip cleared out.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i meant red/clear/red, same ting though i guess. red/clear would look awkward on a sedan, not a coupe though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOOKING GOOD!

Hello!
This is S/R Motorsports,
We were asked by the author of this thread if we could make the Aftermarket lights for the Acura Legend. We then told him to post a thread about the issue so that we could see for ourselves how much others were interested in the product. We can see by the posts that there is a demand for the lights, so we have decided to look into potentially producing them now.

Pricing will depend on how many people we get for a "Buy In". We will post when we are ready for people to start signing up for the "Buy In".

However before everyone starts jumping around in glee, a few things will have to be determined first....

1) What style do we make? We want to make what will sell, so obviously the majority will win that.

2)What will we use as a template to make our production mold?

We will need your help in getting a set of tail lights from what ever type of Acura Legend you have. It is not easy finding parts for Acura Legends, which I imagine is why alot of aftermarket products are not made for them. If anyone can help us in getting a hold of tailights (check around at your local junkyards) contact us at:
[email protected]

We have dedicated a page on our Website to this, though we do not have much to go on right now, please check back for updates.
http://www.streetracerparts.com/legend_lights.htm

That is all for now. If you have questions please contact us at:
[email protected]
We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.
Thank all of you for your time!

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.