Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: ??

I got FLAMED real hard over on acuraZine last nite but i don't feel its necessary to wear my seat belt all the time. especially when just "tooling" around town.

I wear my seatbelt like 80% of time. usually on the highway or when speeds increase, or if i feel unsafe. or just b/c but sometimes, when i'm driving cruising around, i don't wear it.

I'm not disagreeing that they save lifes, and it should be worn. just shit, :lol: do ya have to be so ANAL? no.

:flame: away. according to them, I will die b/c of this, and i'm a Moron and an Idiot. really if they said someof the things they said, they should have been banned for insulting me and my outtake on life, but haha. it was really funny watching their blood boil.

anyways flame away.....

·
Registered
473 Posts
i too believe they save lives and should be worn. i however do the same thing. there are many times i do not put it on. i also believe it should be up to the driver's discretion rather they want to wear a seat belt or not.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
Seat belts for me 24/7 and for my passengers. You should always wear it Alex, they say most wrecks happen minutes from home, so the more comfortable you get without it, the less likely you will use it. Because accidents can happen so close to home, and even a 10mph accident can cause whip lash, what excuse do you really have for not using it? Seat belts are installed for a reason, so there really is no reason not to wear them. What is the exact reason you dont wear it?

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
:flame::flame::flame:

I'm not going to verbally bake you, but i'll just say you're not being considerate to the cops and EMT who'll have to scrape you off your dashboard and windshield in a crash that could have been very minor.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from yesterday's thread.

Alperovich said:
I'm just saying there isn't a 100% need to wear your seat belt all the damn time. I'm not saying you shouldn't wear it, or lobbing for a law change. Nor am i saying I don't wear my seat belt. Which I do, alot of time. AND i bet you when i'm involved in a bad accident, i'll have that seat belt on. however, that doesn't mean i wear my seat belt 100% of time, and feel it should be worn 100% of the time, nor do i think i'm gonna die if i get lazy and i decide not to wear my seat belt.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't have a reason joey. I just don't wear it all the time. get lazy, don't feel that it'll be nessery. i do alot of looking around and looking thru mirroring and really KNOWING my surroundings. I haven't hit another in years. Nor have I EVER been hit by another vehicle, and have avoided being hit b/c i was paying attention.

K, i take it back, i was in my prelude when my sister for rearended. not wearing my seatbelt.

i know the risks involved thou, I've seen seat belts save lives with my own eye's, more then once, and am saying still, doing what those ppl did when they seat belt saved their life, i would have had mine on.

flame away... haha

edit: i guess my reason is, i usually wear it when i need it :)

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
My brother only wore his seatbelt 80% of the time. I don't wonder what would have happened if this caught him in that 20% of the time because its all too obvious:

I don't move my car across the parking lot without a seatbelt and I recall something about you blowing a couple engines for consistently driving your cars so hard.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, 1 engine b/c i ran it too hard CL, and most of the time i wore myselt belt when i was fucking around.

the Legend motor, i was flying down the highway, at about reachign about 130 in 4th gear (like on the dyno) when i hit a bump and the front tires lifter off, i WAY over revved the motor, then when it came down to the ground, b/c i'm so low, the ypipe hit the ground hard enough to crack. after that there was a annoying sounds of a spun bearing. BUT i was wearing my seatbelt!!

both cases low oil was involved. and seatbelts worn.

I still don't know how your bro managed to wreck 2 cars like that.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
...have avoided being hit b/c i was paying attention.
I have my Legend because I was hit even though I am careful and I was paying attention.

While in my previous car, the traffic stopped in front on me. I stopped like usual. 5 seconds later, a high school girl was not paying attention and she skidded hard into me. I had no where to go, even though I saw it happening. I was bounced by her into the car in front of me.

Point being I was wearing a seat belt and had NO injuries. If I wasn't I would have cracked my skull on the windshield.

On the bright side, I traded up from a 93 base model Corolla (no options) with 202K to my 91 Legend LS with 87K miles with the insurance money plus $300....

edit: i guess my reason is, i usually wear it when i need it :)
How can this be true when you are going 100 mph and taking a picture...without a seatbelt. That would be a "when I need it" moment if I ever heard one. :giggle: and oh yeah :flame:

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Having learned the seatbelt lesson the hard way (thrown through a windshield in a Civic where belts weren't working and I was the passenger) I ALWAYS wear a seatbelt. I think you ought to as well, however I would normally keep that to myself (in this case you asked) as I also believe that as a competent adult you have the right to make your own choices even if they go against the grain/law. As long as you are willing to face the consequences ie.

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, i agree, i should have had it on at that speed. it just wasn't possible too. it was too hot, too humid, at that point we have driven 487 miles thru it. black car, with black inserts on the seats, no AC, 115deg's of heat and 300000% humidity= a guy and girl driving down the highway in their underwear with towels over the seats.

/\ also as a pass, its harder to see whats about to happen. i'm like OCD, i know everything thats going on around me. i look around, down the street, in front of me, everything single mirrors. always paying attention. most of the time i wear it thou. and the times i don't i'm telling you, its not even worth putting on.

Idk, i guess i just don't LOL. keep flaming. I'm giving you plenty to do it on. the guys at acurazine really went with it. LOL. just giving you guys the same.

haha. check out my other threads they are just as good.....

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,153 Posts
Wearing the seat belt is an habit for me..
get in car ... seat belt.. gone..
You are an adult I dont see the reason for people to mouth off on any adult about wearing a seat belt.

·
Factory Freak!
1,637 Posts
I cant think of a time in the Legend where I didnt use a seatbelt just cuz i usually drove fast being a 5 speed and, well, it sounded sexy and quick. Although in my second car (Lincoln LS) I pretty much never wear it around town just because I like to lean back and enjoy the slow ride. Belts can be annoying but I guess the only real reason is I hate a wrinkled wardrobe. F*** the:cop: ..

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
lol @ Wrinkled wardrobe.....(vs. wrinkled bones)

I usually wear mines also cuz I like to be able to go fast at any moment and the seatbelt is needed for what I might do... But what you do in your car (seatbelt wise) is your business....

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
EDIT:

Ah ha....here ya go:

And here's what could happen that "sometimes" on the highway...

Look Alex, nobody's going to eb able to say, show, or do anything in this thread that will ever make you change your opinion about seatbelts...but in all seriousness man, they DO save lives because it only takes a split second for an accident to occur and the seatbelt could very well be the difference between minor injury, serious life-changing injury, or death...

You're a good guy man, we only say this because we care and want you to stick around....:thumbsup:

But he if worse comes to worse, I got dibs on the RIP Alperovich thread....(errrrrr....was that humor too dark? :headscrat )

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
But he if worse comes to worse, I got dibs on the RIP Alperovich thread....(errrrrr....was that humor too dark? :headscrat )
Not by my account:lol:

Back in August 06, I was out one night getting some food. piddling around, just minding my business. I'm in teh drive through, my wallet in my back pocket...i have to undo my seatbelt to get to it...

so i do that and for some reason i forget to latch my seatbelt back (was still across my shoulder). On my way back i get curious how my system sounds from far away so i pull into a parking lot, crank the system, get out walk away from the car hear it...sounds good :D walk around the car to admire it a bit ( love my Legend :dunno: ).. get back in the car and Force of Habit, seatbelt goes back on...

I bullshit you not 3 minutes later

Drunk driver blows through a red light.

I was half a mile from my house

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Wont ever give anyone shit for not buckling their seatbelt. They have the right to choose what they want, and if they dont want to wear it, they shouldnt have to. However, parents who dont make their kids wear a seatbelt should be ticketed. Children are not old enough to make those type of decisions for themselves.

However, i will flame you for hanging out with Swift.....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts