Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, minus the exhaust manifold. Since I am putting my car back together, I am going to be going up to the the bending shop sometime this week with my entire system to see about having the y pipe, cat, b pipe remade in 2.5" ss, completely bolt on (bolt before/after the cat, and another one at the muffler) but it would include a magnaflow highflow cat, and an extra piece of pipe after the b pipe in order to weld up the muffler , but still have it bolt on.. I am sure I could even have hangers welded on.

But the problem is, my car is of course a type one coupe, and i am almost positive the sedans have a longer B pipe and a longer cat (to account for the longer wheelbase), so until I can talk Tyler into driving up here, and pulling his exhaust, this is a coupe only deal. And if someone has the info, do you know if the type 1 and the type 2 coupe have the same specs as far as length goes?

Anyway, this is strictly prelminary, but I am sure I can get mine done. I do not know if it will be too much of a hastle to make them for a bunch of people, then ship them off..etc.

No estimates for power increase of course, so dont ask. But I am optimistic that a modification like this would yield decent power increases. I will come back and answer whatever questions you all have, but nothing is certain right now, not even price. But the shop is very reasonable, and everything in oklahoma is inexpensive as far as labor/material costs. :D

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Phil, I have decided that you are on your way to being the next DV8.

... But cooler
... And more people friendly
... And a lot studlier.

Phil u are a P Y M P!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to call them back, it has been ~2 weeks, but I have class in a few. So I will try to update the thread later today.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
khoerling said:
Count me in.

A conservative estimate on the power increase from Y-pipe, High-flow CAT (assuming your CAT is slightly clogged), and B-pipe should be around 15whp.

k.h.
that's actually borderline generous.;) especially without engine management since this engine runs off load rather than flow.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
im in if its for a decent price, i got a quote for y-pipe back fomr a shop around here for 150, just let me know what the final price will be

1 - 12 of 12 Posts