Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
stock to stock, miles whatever, both coupes. I raced a black coupe today on highway, at stoplight.It was crazy cause before we even lined up I just KNEW we were gonna race, I was in left lane already stopped, and I see Legend comin up on right, Im like hell yeah. I looked over to see and it was an asian guy in black coupe......It was like looking into a mirror, same everything except my rims. He shrugged and I shrugged back...Light turned green Tires sqealed(I don't Know if his did but mine did 4 sure) and were even for bout 3-4 for seconds, then I pull slowly ahead, get to about 90-93 and I was about 2 cars ahead and I quit, he keeps going and brakes hard for the upcoming stoplight,and flasshes lights, I just quit cause I didnt want to come to a screeching halt. I turned left to get off highway(La20) cause didnt need **** from cops, if someone rat.(paranoid, got pulled over on same highway sound vio. someone made complaint. got tick fix tho) Well worth it though,U dont see legend every day so........Bet it was cool show for ppl in back of us. 2 black leg coupes dayyyummmm.Anny wayz I figure he had type one.Had to get this off my chest.....what a rush, wish I had 6 speed.
Any opinions? .....Thx for reading my Long ass Book. peace:D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops

wasnt shoulder shrug but head shug.That would be retarted. Imagine that take hand off wheel and shrug with palm up in air.... Like " It's Pat" from Saturday Night Live/ Movie. LOL:D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
ha i have an idea. my friend has a Type II 6speed stock. I have a Type I auto with intake. I will take him off the line but anything on the highway or if i dont get him at 50mph or 70mph when i floor it he is gone. He is gone anyways on the highway but it helps.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
CODY690 said:
ha i have an idea. my friend has a Type II 6speed stock. I have a Type I auto with intake. I will take him off the line but anything on the highway or if i dont get him at 50mph or 70mph when i floor it he is gone. He is gone anyways on the highway but it helps.
he can't drive ...lol

IMHO, a Type II with 6 speed should NOT get smoked by a tYpe I auto...ask Chris K...he has had both.

Not hating..just relaying numbers, reaction time, power, etc.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
ha i never smoked him i would pull a little off the line but would not smoke him. I dono if its the intake or the 3ftlb extra torque the Type I has.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ahhhh s$%t man that sounds like fun i wish there were more legends around Delaware.......oh yeah and that pat(from SNL) thing was f#$kin hilarious.......

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It's about 4lbs of Torque. However the TypeIIs extra 30HP and 800RPM higher peak should have been more than enough to compensate for it. The fact that it was 4speeds vs 6speeds is also the killer. Sounds like the guy did something wrong.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
well i know what happened and we have done it more than one time bc he is my really good friend but anywhere else besides a dead stop he will romp my ass. The 6speed doesnt matter eather i mean the top 3 gears are overdrive it was pointless to even put the 6th gear on there. TCS is stupid to in his car it works better with it off. I dono if its bc i have intake and a very well taken care of engine or his is ragged out but i def. pull a half car off the line then i lose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts