Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting 2 gauges to mount on my pillar.

I require these gauges for functional purposes (no rice here). Actually 3 gauges would be preferable but I can only fit 2 on a gauge pillar molding that will fit on a Legend pilar.

Currently I'm thinking of an A/F ratio and a fuel pressure gauge. The fuel pressure gauge I wouldn't really need until I get my NOS setup installed, which I wouldn't mind fitting a NOS pressure gauge as well if I can find a good place.

Reason I need A/F ratio is to make sure I"m never running lean (especially if I'm going to be shooting NOS), the fuel pressure gauge is good when shooting NOS as a safety precaution. Last thing I need is a problem with my fuel system while shooting NOS and not getting enough fuel to the engine whcih then I'll run extremely lean which could cause some major damage tot he engine.

What other important gauges should I also think of? I'm trying to get the 2 most important ones I should have for now.

G

·
Registered
583 Posts
Gauge those gauges...

Sure you already know, but just in case...
If your getting a Fuel Pressure gauge be sure it is a remote electronic one that keeps all the fuel in the engine compartment and not the people box. ;)

My vote for two first priorities is the same as you.

Might also want to consider Head Temp Gauge which is more important and much quicker than Water Temp Gauge.

·
Registered
583 Posts
short funny on gauges

went to Ebay motors.
searched "gauges"
1400+
searched "gauges -indiglo"
:D
Man, thats a lot of glow lights...

·
Registered
270 Posts
What kind of gauge pod did you get to fit ??

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I've got Autometer dual gauges in the A-pillar, and a 5" tach below them... the tach's shift light is nice, but that's about it... it just gets in the way besides that... I have Voltimeter (my original A/F broke, so I shoved that in there) and water temp... I have the flat venom A/F on the steering column that stares at me... I like autometer gauges alot (have a complete set in my Starion), but for A/F, I prefer the venom which is based off of the Halmeter... which is by far the best IMHO for really critical stuff (like A/F on my turbo car...) I thought that I might as well get one for the Legend also, if it was good for the Mitsu...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Just Indiglos for me. :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts