Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much real world seat of pants feel does it give you?
How much was it $?
Is it worth it in your opinion?
Did you send in your ECU or buy/borrow another?

Thanks,
buk
ever in search of the 4 esses... Speed, Suspension, Sound, and Style...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
surely ,dont call me shirley

someone is running it?
common' help a brother out...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bayou stage II

I am going to run a Bayou Stage II chip in my g1 coupe along with an Apexi SUPER-AFC some time between the spring and summer. The only problem I may encounter with SUPER-AFC is if I purchase it myself than I may have a hard time finding someone to install it. Most places I go to don't want to install something you didn't purchase from them. I called Bayou about the stage II in a G1 and they told me it cost $400 to do and you are looking to be without your car for about a week unless you next day air it to them and have them to next day air it back then you maybe talking a couple of days.:(

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bayou II

Yeah, I emailed them and they never said how much it cost, but discussed the delay.
They also stated :
"Peak horsepower gain (at the flywheel) with the Stage 2 chip for an 88 Legend is 15 @ 6000 rpm. The Stage 2 chip is designed for use with engine bolt-on performance parts, i.e. intake, exhaust, etc."

so, I'm sitting on my low income rear thinking if it's worth $400 for 15 Flywheel HP which = about 12 RWHP.... and if the money isn't better spent on other go fast stuff.

Checked out Venom 400 waiting for an aplication answer back from the tech gurus there....
Looked at the Apexi S-AFC ($400 list) How much did you have to give? It states that a pro should install it, however I've installed several MSDs, Hi-6's, Big Stereos, done complete wiring harnesses, etc, how hard would it be? are there any calibration steps that you need special tooling?

Mr.B, between me and you, we're gonna make a couple of fast G1's. I'll keep you (and the boards) posted and request that you do the same.... Thanks for your words man,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Two Fast G1 Legends

Hey Bukowski lools like we're in the same boat trying to do the samething ( building fast G1 legends ). If there is anyway I can help just let me know. As for the Bayou Stage II chip, I know the price seems steep but, look at it this way the chip is gonna give you some extra power and the SUPER-AFC is gonna allow you to fine tune the ecu for even more power. Also Greddy makes what they call an E-MANAGE system it like the SUPER-AFC it piggy backs into the factory ecu but you must use a laptop when fine tuning it for better performance it cost around $380 a little more than a SUPER-AFC which is around $330. According to Greddy their system does somethings the super-afc doesn't. Give them a call at 1-949-588-8300 or go on line. AEM also has an ECU that replaces the factory ecu but it is best used when you have seriously increased the horsepower on your car the same for the greddy. The AEM ECU also sells for $2300 and they have a universal ECU which we can use on G1 and G2 legends ( hence the word universal ) but for right now the price of addmission is rather steep. I believe the AEM unit is better used with turbo chargers, super chargers, high output normally aspirated engines of cars with larg amounts of NOS ( LOSERS FUEL ). I call NOS LOSERS FUEL because fuel I have yet to see someone who is winning a race use NOS unless they are looking at taillights. Peace until next time.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts