1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am! :lol:

anyways, i finally got around to stripping my interior for this season,

ac control unit removed, glove box out

I cut the pass side of the carpet out, also i installed the black upper portion of the center console.

back stripped, no panels, no rear speakers, no passenger seat belts, front and rear,

headliner stripped, and all other panels but the door panels.

I'm gonna officially weight everything i removed later, i still have some stuff in the trunk to take out.

I have my new exhaust lined up to be at my house and installed by thursday, and i got new tires for the 18's 235/40 Kumho SPT, we'll see how they perform compared to my Toyo's. I'm also going to dyno my coupe after the exhaust is on and realign with the new wheels and tires, and hopefully corner balanced.

edit:

check out the newest addition....

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Time to go to Union Grove drag strip!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hardcore, yet I can't help but think 'why would you get an NSX wheel and then take out the airbag? why not just get an after-market steering wheel without an airbag in the first place'

What exhaust are you getting?

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hardcore, yet I can't help but think 'why would you get an NSX wheel and then take out the airbag? why not just get an after-market steering wheel without an airbag in the first place'

What exhaust are you getting?
b/c nsx steering wheel looks awesome, i don't care much for an air bag, but i do like thats its acura, i have cruise. i usually have it installed, just removed it for the picture, and take it out on the track. its never plugged in thou.

I got stromung on the way.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now first, is this drag or road course you are racing?

Okay, PLEASE don’t take this the wrong way, as I am not trying to be a smart ass or bash anyone, but I’m sitting here wondering “why”?

I’m really not one to talk. I love old Hondas, and have spent far to much on my EF/ED Civic and now working on my 88 Civic RT4WD wagon, but I have to ask why?

Are you racing this vehicle because you just really like the car and want to see what it can do, or to be a little different? If that’s it, I get it, that’s really cool.

Do you feel this car has some type of performance advantage over something else in the FWD class like a Civic? I would think that the heavy curb weight of these cars really wouldn’t lend it self to racing well, even with the stripping of the vehicle. If you wanted to race a FWD vehicle, a Civic or Golf would be the logical choice, just based on ease of performance and aftermarket parts, as well as lighter curb weight from the get go. So is there something here that I am missing?

So again, not at ALL in a negative way, I’m asking, “why race the legend”?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now first, is this drag or road course you are racing?

Okay, PLEASE don’t take this the wrong way, as I am not trying to be a smart ass or bash anyone, but I’m sitting here wondering “why”?

I’m really not one to talk. I love old Hondas, and have spent far to much on my EF/ED Civic and now working on my 88 Civic RT4WD wagon, but I have to ask why?

Are you racing this vehicle because you just really like the car and want to see what it can do, or to be a little different? If that’s it, I get it, that’s really cool.

Do you feel this car has some type of performance advantage over something else in the FWD class like a Civic? I would think that the heavy curb weight of these cars really wouldn’t lend it self to racing well, even with the stripping of the vehicle. If you wanted to race a FWD vehicle, a Civic or Golf would be the logical choice, just based on ease of performance and aftermarket parts, as well as lighter curb weight from the get go. So is there something here that I am missing?

So again, not at ALL in a negative way, I’m asking, “why race the legend”?

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
Holy double post batman!

Alex (and me for that matter) road race and auto-x our Legends because we can, and because with a little prep and investment, they are able to hang with many "better suited" platforms. Besides, who wouldn't want to brag that they just beat a "race car" with a luxury coupe that still has heated seats and real woodgrain trim? :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow, WTF happen there? Double posts rock.

So you actually find that they are a competitive platform? I'm blown away by this. What series, what are you going up against?

Good on ya for doing it, I respect anyone who puts in the effort and the time to learn to drive well, at speed, and in a track setting.

Detials?

:woot:

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what brian said.

seach under my name for many autox video. i run pretty good for being my first season. it'll knock out V6 accords, stangs, preludes, some modded some not. i kill my friend who has a mx5.

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,166 Posts
Wow, WTF happen there? Double posts rock.

So you actually find that they are a competitive platform? I'm blown away by this. What series, what are you going up against?

Good on ya for doing it, I respect anyone who puts in the effort and the time to learn to drive well, at speed, and in a track setting.

Detials?

:woot:
I have personally passed a C5 vette and several NSX's on the track days I attended at NALM in 2006 & 2007. Granted - none of the drivers in those vehicles had any business being on a track, but still - even a novice driver in an NSX or Vette should have been able to keep away from my Legend...but then again, I am pretty badass behind the wheel :D

I was mid-pack on the Auto-x I ran, beat a 240, couple of VW's, and a Mini. Not the most agile on the Auto-x course, but on an open track the Legend is a decent performer when properly set up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, your besting an MX5? Tell your friend to get some more wheel time, those cars should be eating the Legend:thumbsup:

Thats really cool guys, Ill have to look up the Vids. Ill stick to my hatch for the performance side of things, but its cool to see people pushing the Legend in a racing setting.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I am! :lol:

anyways, i finally got around to stripping my interior for this season,

ac control unit removed, glove box out

I cut the pass side of the carpet out, also i installed the black upper portion of the center console.

back stripped, no panels, no rear speakers, no passenger seat belts, front and rear,

headliner stripped, and all other panels but the door panels.

I'm gonna officially weight everything i removed later, i still have some stuff in the trunk to take out.

I have my new exhaust lined up to be at my house and installed by thursday, and i got new tires for the 18's 235/40 Kumho SPT, we'll see how they perform compared to my Toyo's. I'm also going to dyno my coupe after the exhaust is on and realign with the new wheels and tires, and hopefully corner balanced.
Oughta be able to finally install that Dyna-mat I shipped ya huh?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i auto-x also!

even the sedan is able to beat a lot of the cars out there. i compete in the STS category, and have placed half way in the ranks most of the time.

i auto-x because it is fun to do, and this is my only car, so i do it in the legend. i also think its fun to beat people in a sedan.

sorry for the hyjack alprovich, i bet that car is gonna feel light when you drive it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts