Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems us Yanks have simple not so 'good' parts.
Not saying there bad but see it this way for example, for when I have been posting about one piece headlights, why do we have just a headlight and corner light, why not a 1 piece?
the mirrors why not those?
why not the corner lights or bumper lights(Integra) like JDM?
why can't we all over this nation and international for any of you oversees( lucky bastards for ya'll in the military) have the same equipment.
Another thing is since my L is 92, too bad not LS, it seems the L only cmae with heated seats in Canada.
Hey Acura it gets pretty cold sometimes here is the States, too!
oh well, hope I didn't offend anybody!
so why ask why? can anyone give me answers ot my above questions, thanks guys for the time!
I'll dedicate this next beer to ya'll!

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I think it has to do more with human nature.
We want what others have.
We want JDM b/c we have US spec.

I remember reading that the Euro guys try and make their cars like the US spec.

But I agree with you when it comes to the japanese performance cars which we will never see here.

But hey, what do know
Esti

·
Registered
310 Posts
no offense, but...

Japs is a pretty rude word, same as n166a for African American (no offense to anyone here, just giving out example.) some people, especially japanese american, do not appreciate if they are called like that. be careful of what you said. i am saying this not because i want to pick a fight with you or something. i know probably you are trying to be friendly, but still, using these words are not recommended to public forum.

thanks.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I hope I didn't offend anyone, But I honestly didn't know that anyone would take offense. I was just too lazy to spell out the entire word.

I fixed my original response

Thanks
Esti

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lights, bumpers, etc...differences have to do with our (US) standards on height, brightness and things.

Features like heated seats, Honda used to have an advertisment (We make it Simple). US manufacturers used to offer all options on every model, expensive and made it hard to find a car w/ options you want. Honda took option packages like AC & heated seats, made them standard on upmarket versions of a model only ie: L, LS, GS. Can't get a sunroof or leather until you buy a more expensive one. They do the same thing with engines in the Civic and Accords, check it out. This makes it easier for them to control their inventory and makes us sometimes buy options we don't want to get those that we do. All of the makers pretty much do it this way now.

The other thing is we Americans like to sue big rich companies so along with our emissions laws we don't get some stuff.

Hope this helps. BTY if you want heated seats, they can either be installed or you can get an LS.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: no offense, but...

gAmEs0n said:
Japs is a pretty rude word, same as n166a for African American (no offense to anyone here, just giving out example.) some people, especially japanese american, do not appreciate if they are called like that. be careful of what you said. i am saying this not because i want to pick a fight with you or something. i know probably you are trying to be friendly, but still, using these words are not recommended to public forum.

thanks.
I agree Games, and I'm not even Japanese.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: no offense, but...

gAmEs0n said:

thanks.
ONe thing in America there is a thing called freedom of speech!
Second, I said I hope not to offend anyone!
Last, I even called myseld a 'yank' just like they call us around the world!
So don't try telling me NOTHING!

·
Registered
310 Posts
like i said, i m not trying to pick a fight. i am just trying to tell u that it's not cool to call Japanese people Japs. It doesn't matter what u call yourself with, but u have to appreciate other people feelings, even with freedom of speech, just like what Martin Luther King said. You are entitled to say whatever you want, but try to think other people feelings when you say things like that.

that's all folks. cool down. chill.

·
Registered
398 Posts
gAmEs0n said:
like i said, i m not trying to pick a fight. i am just trying to tell u that it's not cool to call Japanese people Japs. It doesn't matter what u call yourself with, but u have to appreciate other people feelings, even with freedom of speech, just like what Martin Luther King said. You are entitled to say whatever you want, but try to think other people feelings when you say things like that.

that's all folks. cool down. chill.
not to pick on u or anything, but if you want to be so politically correct, then you should probably change your avi...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
92Legendary_L, I have your IP Address and I can and will ban it and you from the forums if you persist...Now apologize and edit...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.