Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I would buy them if they make them, but hey they don't. Sucks for us. Everyone is entitled their own opinions, and IMO they look nice and would compliment the legend well, they look specially nice on a white car.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would definetly go with any aftermarket tail light available. Everyone seems to think that altezza = rice, but I really do not think this is always true... We see it this way because we demand luxury, and these lights are available for Civics. No one wants the same lights they make for a Civic, right?

I just want ANY taillights that look cool as opposed to the stock outdated design. Many newer cars come with an "altezza" look tail light now. I personally favor those on some Kia models and the new Toyota Matrix.

My answer: yes I would definetly purchase altezzas if they were available. The truth: they aren't available and probably never will be. It would have to include housing, and since our tail lights are VERY large it would be pretty expensive to manufacture... The market would also be very small (unfortunately).

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sh0ck3d said:
I would definetly go with any aftermarket tail light available. Everyone seems to think that altezza = rice, but I really do not think this is always true... We see it this way because we demand luxury, and these lights are available for Civics. No one wants the same lights they make for a Civic, right?

I just want ANY taillights that look cool as opposed to the stock outdated design. Many newer cars come with an "altezza" look tail light now. I personally favor those on some Kia models and the new Toyota Matrix.

My answer: yes I would definetly purchase altezzas if they were available. The truth: they aren't available and probably never will be. It would have to include housing, and since our tail lights are VERY large it would be pretty expensive to manufacture... The market would also be very small (unfortunately).
we've got a roger on that. sometimes looking different and being unique can take you a long way. They have designed the new Lexus IS300, RX, and ES with Altezzas as well as the new nissans. Even the Ford Lightning has them! They were designed to make cars look futuristic... Some people don't like altezzas... It's probably due to the fact that they made altezzas for cars that aren't even worthy enough to be fixed up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since yall put it dat way yall change my mine about them. I dont want no altezza no more i want all clear only if it were legal so i guess im gonna get the clear red clear but how do they look like can some one show me a picture of it. THANKS

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I know to each his own. I am glad there are no altezza's for us. If I had an IS, I would do just what was said above....paint them black or get some CF upgrades. TOO many people have them and its played to me. I used to like them but now its so common that you can get them on a Kia, Tercel, Civic, F150, etc. I would rather be an innovator that a follower. My .04.
Red/clear would be so jazzy...u will see

·
Registered
296 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
clear corners and bumpers are played out too, they're on every civic and integra. Yet everyone of us have it. Just a thought
I hear ya WhiteLegend! I have them on my Coupe and I am thinking I want something else.........just don't know what though.

I would really like to put the Benz CLK lights on my Coupe! Now I think that would look hot. I wonder if someone could photoshop that.

Ghost

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
clear corners and bumpers are played out too, they're on every civic and integra. Yet everyone of us have it. Just a thought
BUT, in this case it cleans up the lines of the LEgend and looks natural. Altezzas do not add class, it says I paid a few hundred to add some ritzy lights to my car. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say I don't like them, just not on my car. I am not a person who follows the crowd....when I was looking for this stuff, people were not into that like they are now. CLear corners to me are the one mod that makes the car clean....and as close to JDM as you can get without buying one-piece lights. If you say this is played out, then you may feel this way about your car, no? I know you don't, just a thought. Please do not take this as an attack, I just know that some people ONLy add rice mods to their car = altezza's euro lights, vinyl on the sides, loud buzzy exhaust and hubcaps. See that all the time. Yeck. I do not want to be mistaken for the www.riceboy.com folks...you know, Type R sticker on a Geo Storm? lol

Ok..no more :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Leon Millette said:

BUT, in this case it cleans up the lines of the LEgend and looks natural. Altezzas do not add class, it says I paid a few hundred to add some ritzy lights to my car. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say I don't like them, just not on my car. I am not a person who follows the crowd....when I was looking for this stuff, people were not into that like they are now. CLear corners to me are the one mod that makes the car clean....and as close to JDM as you can get without buying one-piece lights. If you say this is played out, then you may feel this way about your car, no? I know you don't, just a thought. Please do not take this as an attack, I just know that some people ONLy add rice mods to their car = altezza's euro lights, vinyl on the sides, loud buzzy exhaust and hubcaps. See that all the time. Yeck. I do not want to be mistaken for the www.riceboy.com folks...you know, Type R sticker on a Geo Storm? lol

Ok..no more :D
You are quite right about the clears making the Legend look clean. I think that is my main reason for not changing them out yet......although I am still looking for something a little different because I see them all the time on the Legends. But what else is available? It seems that we can only do so much with lighting because of legal and aftermarket issues. I do like some of the lights on the newer "luxury" cars i.e., benz, lexus, infiniti, but to fashion something similar to that style would cost mega dollars. So for now, the clears are the simple solution to an inexpensive mod that keeps our cars looking classy and elegant, but definitely not ricey!

Ghost

·
Registered
247 Posts
Skyline

What do you guys think. Maybe some skyline tailights or Lexus GS tailights? I think that would look hot. I am not doing the job, just wanted to know people opinion.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I agree with those who say clear corners and bumpers clean up the front end look. A lot of people consider Alteeza tails a played out fad. But hey it's your money and your car. What makes you happy is all that counts.

Danny Vu from La. had Skyline tails on his sedan at the 2000 NOPI show. Said they were a real *itch to fit in, but since he owns his own shop he could do it at cost. Paying someone to do it for you may be cost prohibitive.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
I agree also that the clear corners and bumpers give the Legend that JDM look and thats one reason I got them and because there really arent too many mods for our cars. As far as Altezzas are concerned, i'm not much for them, they just look too ricey. Thats the reason I dont like the Lexus RX-300 because of the taillights and because to me Altezzas are played out. But if they did it something like the new Mazda Millenia, then I could deal with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.