Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is MB Quart speakers SOOOO expensive!... 6.5's run from 150 to 500 for componet speakers...:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
they're expensive because they're imported from Europe and they sound like nails scratching across a chalkboard.

try Alpine DDDrive's or Soundstream.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i personally like the mb quarts. i just finished my stereo install and it sounds great. i might put components for the rear too.
-j

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I went through 2 pairs of MB 6.5" and 1 set of 6"x9" in my old coupe, they're overpriced and the tweets start not working after a while.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
MB Quartz are known for their titanium dome tweeters. Like all metal tweeters, only a few people like them, and the rest will feel it is too bright or harsh. My favorite material for tweeters is silk, or at least the soft dome tweeters.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like them....

Personally, I love them. I've had mine in my car for about 1.5 years now and no issues with them. I power them with 85W each. I love the titanium tweeter. Absolutely will not have it any other way. They were expensive though. I paid like $350 for them.

My next set of speakers will also be Quartz.

Bao

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ChrisK said:
MB Quartz are known for their titanium dome tweeters. Like all metal tweeters, only a few people like them, and the rest will feel it is too bright or harsh. My favorite material for tweeters is silk, or at least the soft dome tweeters.
question for ya Cris or anyone who may know, i've been fine with my components up until my Infiniti 6.5'S cones began tearing apart, anyways i've been kool with my highs up until now, i've been listening to KMFDM at home with headphones then i noticed the clarity of the highs is not the same in my car, i could barely hear vocals over the rest of the instruments not too mention guitars...... so now i want to get 6.5 or components that will have the highs clarity that i hear when i'm at home.....now i have cerwin vegas in the rear, no amp on the interiors yet, 2 12" Power Acoustics in the back with a 500w amp......Which or what way should i go inside to get those loud clear highs:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hate-me-now i'm trying to figure that out too.. I have 2 xplod 3-way speakers in the rear and the oem bose 6.5 in the front 52wX4 Powered by the head.. 10" JL Sub w/ 100w amp.. The Bose in the front is clear as hell but that lil' sub on it kicks loud as hell when I turn it up loud.. Sounds horribly loud.. I'll probably get some 6.5 xplods and get an amp to power them..

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
hate-me-now i'm trying to figure that out too.. I have 2 xplod 3-way speakers in the rear and the oem bose 6.5 in the front 52wX4 Powered by the head.. 10" JL Sub w/ 100w amp.. The Bose in the front is clear as hell but that lil' sub on it kicks loud as hell when I turn it up loud.. Sounds horribly loud.. I'll probably get some 6.5 xplods and get an amp to power them..
so whats wrong with your set up thai? are u saying that your highs are getting drowned out? my complaint basically is that my highs are not as clear as i think or rather as i want them to be.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
aiznpride said:
i personally like the mb quarts. i just finished my stereo install and it sounds great. i might put components for the rear too.
-j
i have both front and back components. my front is 6.5" while my back is 5.25". all MB Quartz Q series powered by PPI 5440 :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
games_on and thai,

I think that you need to go listen to some speakers before buying them. If you just put in a pair of speakers without listening to them first, you could be waisting your money.

Bring along some of your favorite music to the audio store and listen to the speakers with your music. That's what I did.

If you are trying to emulate a good home audio system in your car, be prepared to spend some big big bucks. I have a modest home audio system (Marantz components and Mirage speakers with Tara Labs interconnects and cables) and my car still sounds nowhere near what I have at home.

In my car, I am running the top of the line Kenwood CD player (dead head with 8V pre-outs, KDC-X911 it's 1.5 yrs old now, but was the top model then), Tara Labs interconnects (home RCA's but are very very clean) and cables, MB Quartz Q series components, with a late 80's Alpine amp (clean clean clean :) with only a single Alpine R-Type sub. Anyway, it sounds really nice, I hear alot of the highs even with the bass thumping, BUT, there is nowhere near the detail in my car as I have at home.

Just my .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts