Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
actually the car does stop, the master cylinder is still good cause I know what it feels like when the brake cylinder dies this is a new brake cylinder. I had all 4 pad replaced with OEM honda pads less than a month ago, my dad and I both replaced our brakes at the same time when I drive his car all I do is tap on the brake and the car dips down. but with my car I have to slam on the darn thing. I don't remember seeing the guys that replaced my brake bleed them is that a big factor? or Do you think I need new rotors? they're about 2.5 years old. They've been resurfaced twice maybe. My oils are good what other things should I look for?if I do need to replace my rotors should I just order for brembo crossed drilled slotted rotors on ebay for 245? will my OEM pad work with these? what are the lifespan of these crossed drilled rotors since I know they ca'nt be resurfaced.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
go for the Brembo's

You will have to change out your pads though...Axxis, EBC or AEM.

Stock pads = no-no.

I haven't turned my rotors and have been on them for over a year and a half now, as well as my stock pads. (Keep in mind I have raced on them too)

I think Banel got a set for a lower price..check with him.

One reason your stopping distance can/may have increased = extra body weight (i.e systems, kit, bigger wheels, lots of groceries, etc.) ;)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that but with all my accessories it can't be a couple hundred pounds. I know how braking is like with a full load that's probably 600 lbs or more... my pads are less than a month old I probabaly have less than 500 miles on them what a waste they were 80 bucks a pair. can I just use them for now with the brembo? or is it mandatory?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
... my pads are less than a month old I probabaly have less than 500 miles on them what a waste they were 80 bucks a pair. can I just use them for now with the brembo? or is it mandatory? [/B]

you can use them...but at the expense off undue wear on your investment (Brembo's).

Trust me...get those Axxis, and you'll love em.

NO more dust!

Very minimal...I'd say reduced by @ least 85%

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
uhh racing? what's that? lols? I don't really race but then I do take my car to it's limits all the time and by doing so there's always one of those civics or intergra that TRIES to race me so ....... well u got the point. I'm not just a daily driver I drive my car pretty hard I get light footed everytime i step in my car so flooring it happens daily.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
OhMyGodItsDanny said:
uhh racing? what's that? lols? I don't really race but then I do take my car to it's limits all the time and by doing so there's always one of those civics or intergra that TRIES to race me so ....... well u got the point. I'm not just a daily driver I drive my car pretty hard I get light footed everytime i step in my car so flooring it happens daily.
understood...

she "tells you to"

lol

better get the brembo's then lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Definately reblead your brakes, it won't hurt if it's not needed and if it is then it could solve your problem. You could also check the calipers to make sure the are still trued and not sticking. If one pad is worn more than any of the others then you'll probably have a bad caliper and should get it replaced. Also look at the pads and make sure they are worn evenly front to back. If there is more pad left at the back edge than the front edge, for instance, then it's time for a new caliper. I hope you get the problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts