Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man, this car is off the hook...the Dodge Viper Hennessey.

There's one on sale on ebay, if anybody got around $200G's to spare...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1840419728

833HP Twin Turbo
0-60 in 2.4 seconds!!!!!!!!
Top Speed about 235 mph!

This is what Motor Trend said about the Hennessey Viper:
Take everything a stock Viper has and then double it-yeah, that's about right. At full throttle, the Venom 800 Twin-Turbo pulls so ungodly hard your face will contort into shapes approximating a Tammy Faye Bakker halloween mask, so don't look in a mirror. After a 10-sec quarter-mile run (street tires wildly spinning the entire way; rearend skating left and right toward the guardrails), you'll probably need to change your underwear.

There's a motor trend article all about it...
http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Wow

Yah, I have that issue of Motor Trend. That's one bad ass car. I'm still a Corvette guy though. :D

G

·
Yeah, I have read that he has ripped many people off. He'll take thousands of dollars from people, keep telling them he needs more. Until he just drops you.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leon Millette said:
you can go on the Corvetter Forums and read where he took this guy for like 350,000!! The Vette owner had a Viper in the works I believe....just sinking the $$$$$$ into a money pit...and get this, he DID NOTHING TO HIS CAR...in fact, he STRIPPED IT!
yeah, that's what i've been hearing that he's screwed people over...but i guess just stick to buying cars that are already done from his company instead of giving him money directly...the cars tho when they are finished are no doubt extremely powerful...from vipers, corvettes to even escalades now.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Pretty funny.... John Hennessey is a piece of S H I T... and that's a fact... although I've seen various video footage where he was being extraordinarily nice to customers (dont' ask where I got teh footage), I've also seen him grab cameras, throw them, and then act like he was about to assault people when they asked questions that he didn't want to answer... See SUPRAFORUMS for more info, and also the VETTE forums... pretty funny stuff, but not for the guy who got his money taken with no product to show for it... Lesson Learned: Build your own car, or do some SERIOUS research before you let someone else touch it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.