Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok typically morning yesterday , I get up and I remote start my car for it to warm up, 5 minutes later I jump in to go to work but go to drop the kid off ay daycare, got to the daycare and I let the car running to took the kid inside and then came back to the car, start driving and I realise, no heat is coming up and my temp needle is climbing up fast so I said oh %$#$ and I decide to go home and get my other car. I got to home put the car in the garage and pop the hood
I notice that the antifreeze bottle was empty wierd? I full it up back to the line and look under the car no leaks and I went to work with the car and everything was fine temp needle wass good everything. The problem isd I got up this morning and decide to check and the antifreeze bottle was empty again but no leaks. I fill it up again and then drove towork no problem. anyone have any idea what this could be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you smell a sweet smell?

It could mean that you are burning antifreeze. Also, leak a little bit of engine oil after the car is warmed up and see if that is clean or not.

If for some reason, your temp sensors have failed and your car boiled over, IT takes more than just the bottle volume to fill it. When you fill it, make sure that your turn the engine in a parked position and let it swallow all it wants and fill it again to bring it to good level. Then your diagnostics begin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts