Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, finally dumping the 18" cheap and heavy rims:D

Now, the question is that will 225 tire fit on 17X7 +45 rims rub?? And is 225/45 tire the right size to keep the factory speedometer as close as it should be?? If not, what size do you guys recommand?? Thanks a lot in advance:D :D :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Graeme, did you punch in the wrong number???:D Seems that you are "way" off~

Anyways, my friend went pick up his repaired rim this afternoon from the shop I told you about. And, they've just had a new shipment from Japan:D Looked around... nothing I liked... Looked around again... nothing I liked... Then they pulled this rim out of the box and I was like, ":eek: Ok, that's it!!" I didn't ask them whether those are used or not, but they do look totally brand new:cool: Those rims look agressive though, don't know if they'll look right on the car... But well, it's really hard for them to get high offset rims. I miss the speed and comfort the OE rims offered, lol~ At least now I can lower the car if I want to:D

P.S. They reserved the rims for me already, just that I need to decide on the tires~ Going in on Sat.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I don't know the 15" wheel diameter, so I used the factory 16" tire size of 215-55-16 and compared it to 225-45-17. The result was that the 225-45 would read about 1.1 mph slower given the indicated speed on stock tires is 80 mph on the speedo. This is about the difference between 215-55-16 and 225-50-16 (what I'm using).

Putting in 235-45-17 gave me a 0.05 mph difference given the same indicated speed.

Do you know what wheels those are?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm~ I put in the 205/60R15 and compared it to 225/45R17 and seems that there's only a mile in difference, which is already better than the 225/40/18 that I'm currently running~

You know what, I didn't look at the brand at all, ahahaha:D Well, all I know is that it seems really light since the owner(who can only speak Japanese, lol~) was moving it with ease. I might go back again tomorrow, and if I do, I'll write it down and let you know.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trade them in~:D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Chris, they rub only when you lower the car with the factory springs and koni shox right?

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
hey! you dumped your 18's like i did! :D my new rims should be arriving tomorrow (wed). i wrapped my 17x7 with 215/45/17 toyo proxes fz4. yea, not the best tires, but i wanted z-rated and that's the "cheapest" they had over the h-rated. i wanted more rubber, but didn't want to scrub, so that's why i went with 215/17/7.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you had 16" wheels stock 235/45 will be the right size, if you had 15" wheels stock either a 215/45 or 225/45 work. The 225s are a little large but by the time you are going fast enough for it to matter speedometer error is playing a bigger part that the wheel size. I'm running 225/45/17 with a +47 offset with Koni shocks on the lower setting and stock springs and I've never rubbed in well over a year of hard driving.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I c... Thx for the info guys:D

Graeme, I tried but can't findout who made those rims, lol~ All I know is that the center cap has a big "Neo" and small print "road" and some other stuff. And, they wrote K-2~

Well, therefore can't find a pic of it:rolleyes: But it looks pretty similar to the Blitz Techno Speed Z-2.:D

BTW, they forgot to ship one of the wheels to the US so I'll have to wait 3 more weeks until I can get them.....:(

Attachments

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
hey claus, i just put on my new rims and they are barely flush with the fender. i am on 17x7 with 40mm offset with 215/45/17 tires. before, i had 18x7.5 with 45mm offset with 225/40/18 tires. both sets look about the same in regards to flushness to the fender, but the 215/45/17 feel much better than the 225/40/18 when it comes to driving over small bumps and what not. it's not a lot, but i like that little bit of extra pocket on the sidewall. also, IMO 215 is pretty well flush with the rim lip and don't "bulge out" (hope you know what i mean). so basically, i think the 225's will fit, but they might "bulge out" a bit since the rims you want are 17x7, not 17x7.5. anyhow, that's my two cents, and i think 215's would look better than the 225's.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thx:D Yeah, since the time frame has been extended, I am looking for more options to negotiate with them.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
oh... get ready to have some fun with new tires. my new toyo proxez fz4 aren't the best, but they grip sooo much better than the BFG euro T/A's i had before. (they suck. refer to legend.org old post on bashing those tires. hehe :p ) i took her out for a spin and it was sweeeeeeeet. i was making left turns a bit faster than normal and those suckers chirped a lot. the more i stomped the pedal, the more chirp and louder it got... good stuff. gotta love toyo even tho they are not the T1's. hehehe. let us know what you can negotiate with your rims. we're all dying to know. hehehe. do you have what brand of tires you had in mind?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For tires I basically only look into these Brands

1. Bridgestone
2. Pirreli
3. Dunlop: really bad for wet season though
4. Yokohama: Very diversed feedbacks, would like to try them though
5. Semperit: what I currently have, not available in US(was brought from Japan), they are silent(vitually no chirp), semi-slick(melt like slicks and Advan Neova), and they vitually don't loose grip. Most importantly, they are cheap and are all seaon tires~ I think I'm gonna miss them very much:(

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
sounds good to me, but you know as well as i do that rain isn't THAT big of a deal down here in socal. worse comes to worse, just throw your stocks back on. what size of tire are you going for then?

as for semperit, have someone ship you another set from japan? :D hehehe.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just don't get Euro T/A. Yokohama's are loud. Kumhos are the valued price leader. Hanhook is another Korean Brand that is inexpensive, but like Kumho has been around for the last 20 years in the Korean Market.

BTW, nice choice, I was looking for something like that, but now u got it, I'll have to reconsider something else. But, then I have a coupe and I think u got a sedan.

I checked out the pricing on those and damn, they are expensive. $497/each! :eek:

Oh and under your name it says, "Get EVO VII or G35?"

I think Get a G35 if u intend on trading the Legend. Otherwise, keep the Legend and buy the EVO VII.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
JJJ784, my stocks are gone, lol~ I traded them in the last time I bought the 18":D Was a good deal anyways, the tire exploded on the freeway and I wasn't sure if the stock rim was gonna be alright, so I just traded them in...

asianlegend, nah, the ones that I'm getting are "look a likes", lol~(btw, Blitz offer that rim with up to +50 Offset) Yes, I'll definitely have to trade in the Legend if I get G35(cuz I want a fully loaded), but if I get the Evo, I'll keep the Legend as a daily driver and Evo for canyon runs. That way I can really setup the Evo for drifting and canyon runs while setup the Legend for freeway and cruise.:D Well, student loans come in handy at times:D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
claus44 said:
I'm getting are "look a likes", lol~(btw, Blitz offer that rim with up to +50 Offset)
How heavy are the look-alikes? Cuz, the Blitz ones weigh at around 20 lbs for 17s. What is the recommended offset for 17x7? Is it +45? I want mine to be just under flush with the door.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.