Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at 17" ADR's they're 40mm offset, i was wondering if they'll rub, how about if i lowered m car, and whats "boring the wheel"?

And what about 04 5-spoke TL rims, will those work?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
legendoflegends said:
well im not good at car stuff
but this is the website

http://www.victoriatire.com/w_car_s...Zsumm=T&SKUsort=1&SKUdir=as&max=10&startAt=11

it's the first one on the list

thanx for helping me Lee
Here is the information I saw for the first rim on that page:
ADR SPADE SILVER - SILVER Finish Order
Wheel & Tire Package Wheel Size Tire Size Tire Type Package Price/Set
Option 1. 17x7 215/45HR17 NANKANG NS-I $699

That states it is a 17x7 wheel and if you are looking at a 40 offset it should fit. With that bit of information one of the more informed members will probably pop in with more expertese on this.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
167 Posts
you're good

if the rims you are looking at are the same specs sleeprlegendcp described, than your good. that is, as long as you are at stock height (your springs aren't sagging and your shocks/struts are good).

however, if I could buy rims again, i'd consider rims w/a higher offset, something like +55mm. so that you can fit a 50 series set of tires in there. it'll give you a smoother ride, but the draw back is that you might lose that really low profile look. its up to you.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
At stock ride height you'll be fine. My Tantrums are 17x7 with a +40mm offset at stock ride height. No issues at all. Now if I lowered it, there is no way it would not scrub (well, maybe if I slammed it and didn't correct the camber). Eventually I plan to buy something with a higher offset (at least 48 or 50) so I can drop my ride-all in due time. :D

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
91LSMAN said:
At stock ride height you'll be fine. My Tantrums are 17x7 with a +40mm offset at stock ride height. No issues at all. Now if I lowered it, there is no way it would not scrub (well, maybe if I slammed it and didn't correct the camber). Eventually I plan to buy something with a higher offset (at least 48 or 50) so I can drop my ride-all in due time. :D
here i must jump in and play the other side of this. 91LSMAN, Konig's are known for having a touch more offset than they claim, so that they fit better. I run a +42 on a 7 inch wide wheel, lowered an inch, and on a hard corner i rub sometimes. I would be careful with those. If you do a search, you will find that for a 7 inch wide rim, +43 is the recommended, with 42 pretty much the minimum. Now running stock height, you can get away with a 40, but it will stick out past the edge of the car a hair. its all how you like it to look. I personally would look for a little higher offset.

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
tnelson said:
here i must jump in and play the other side of this. 91LSMAN, Konig's are known for having a touch more offset than they claim, so that they fit better. I run a +42 on a 7 inch wide wheel, lowered an inch, and on a hard corner i rub sometimes. I would be careful with those. If you do a search, you will find that for a 7 inch wide rim, +43 is the recommended, with 42 pretty much the minimum. Now running stock height, you can get away with a 40, but it will stick out past the edge of the car a hair. its all how you like it to look. I personally would look for a little higher offset.
I had never heard that before. Thanks for the info!! :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys, i guess i'll start looking for higher offset before i lower my car, now on to the HID kit :D

wait, what about those 04 5-spoke TL rims thery're 38mm

820.00 for the set and i don't even know if they fit :vomit:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
legendoflegends said:
thanks guys, i guess i'll start looking for higher offset before i lower my car, now on to the HID kit :D

wait, what about those 04 5-spoke TL rims thery're 38mm

820.00 for the set and i don't even know if they fit :vomit:
Too wide and too low of an offset to fit on the Legend without problems. Also, since you mentioned it in your first posts, the TL tims will need to be bored out. By that we mean the center hole that goes over the cars hub will need to be enlarged. The Legend hub is 70mm, while the TL uses a 64mm which is 6mm too small. So, you need to take it to a machine shope that can perfectly enlarged that hole to about 70.1mm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.