Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it fit snug with no mods? my friends dad has a 95 LS pearl white and the same color as mine!! I was talking to him about Legend stuff because it turns out He just bought it because he seen me rolling in mines about a week ago, I was just messing around with him and I asked him if I could switch trunk lids (I like the rear trunk on 94-95 better) and he agreed!!!!:confused: :eek: I don't know why and I asked why and he said that mines is nice too!!! He is dead serious and wants to change trunk lids!!!:eek: And although the key is different!!!I really don't care because I' going to shave the key hole anyway on mine but I' lost on why he wants to switch to begin with!! But I ain't complaining I will accept if he wants to offer!:D Should I accept or no!?!?! Are they copatable!?!?!
My driver side leather seat is kind of peeling maybe he'll want to switch that too!?!?!:p

·
Registered
702 Posts
i personally doubt it will fit perfectly because i think there was some changes in size from 91 to 95, but that's simply my opinion and what i've heard...i could be wrong

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Legend"11 said:
Will it fit snug with no mods? my friends dad has a 95 LS pearl white and the same color as mine!! I was talking to him about Legend stuff because it turns out He just bought it because he seen me rolling in mines about a week ago, I was just messing around with him and I asked him if I could switch trunk lids (I like the rear trunk on 94-95 better) and he agreed!!!!:confused: :eek: I don't know why and I asked why and he said that mines is nice too!!! He is dead serious and wants to change trunk lids!!!:eek: And although the key is different!!!I really don't care because I' going to shave the key hole anyway on mine but I' lost on why he wants to switch to begin with!! But I ain't complaining I will accept if he wants to offer!:D Should I accept or no!?!?! Are they copatable!?!?!
My driver side leather seat is kind of peeling maybe he'll want to switch that too!?!?!:p
It'll be a direct fit as long as you have a sedan and he's got a sedan, or if both of you have coupes. Only you can not swap coupe trunk lid with a sedan.

Also I think the 95 pearl white is a different shade from the 91 pearl white. At least the color code is different. I don't know why Acura made a different pearlwhite for every model year. So if you're planning to repaint, then it wouldn't be a problem.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I did the transplant on my 93 LS Coupe trunk lid to a 94 LS one. and they swapped perfectly. I have seen others do the swap too without difficulty.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
It will fit, I have a 95 LS Coupe lid sitting in my fathers garage waiting to be installed on my 93 LS Coupe as we speak. Only problem is it has some damage I need to get repaired first, and it is in white while my car is black, so I need to get it repainted as well. :(

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Since we're talking swap, what about the front bumper will a 94-95 bumper fit a 92-93, I'm talking coupes by the way.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Reno, the bumpers will fit as long as its from coupe to coupe and sedan to sedan. Avarice did the bumper conversion from a 94-95 sedan to a 91 sedan. I'm also thinking of doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Coooooolll I ask these things because I rather buy a clean 92-93 under 10k then spend over 10k for an ok 94-95. I'll just get the bumper & trunk lid and have a 94-95 look, dig.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
That is the same thing I did, trunk and bumper conversion.
The only thing I miss on my 93 LS Coupe that 1 94-95 Coupe has is the power telescopic steering wheel.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
AzLSCoupe said:
That is the same thing I did, trunk and bumper conversion.
The only thing I miss on my 93 LS Coupe that 1 94-95 Coupe has is the power telescopic steering wheel.
Nope, you are missing 1 more thing, and 1 minor thing that I can see. :)

The first main thing is you are missing the LED lights that are in the 2 memory buttons found on the 94+ Legends. The next minor thing is the AC routing is different for the 94+ Legends :)

I myself have the front 95 cover and trunk lid (although lid is still sitting in the garage). I painted all the lower trim to look like the 94+ LS Coupes, and I even had a source lined up for the LED memory switches, but I never got that part :( There is really nothing else practical to do. And for the 95 Legend years, you will find that they no longer have the metal wind defector found on the moonroof.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
I remember you once described them in the other forum. I haven't really been in a 94-95 LS Coupe long enough to note all the minute differences. I will be on the look out for that next time I go to test drive someone's 94-95 coupe up for sale in the papers with the intentiion to "buy" :)
One small thing I discovered though is that arrows on the seat buttons in a 91-93 legend are marked in black and white while the ones in the 94-95 are only marked in white.

I would not bother upgrading that though...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
AzLSCoupe said:

One small thing I discovered though is that arrows on the seat buttons in a 91-93 legend are marked in black and white while the ones in the 94-95 are only marked in white.

I would not bother upgrading that though...
Now that I haven't noticed. I have to check that out tonight :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts