Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· VIP Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out. I have a 95 L Coupe. Auto. Recently, I have sidelined my ride at the shoppe to receive a rejuvenation after suffering the dual calamities of an ignition failure (electrical portion) and a faulty VSS. But more importantly, my car has bad valve stem seals. During the summer, the smoke was so bad that often it would envelope the hapless motorist behind me. It currently has slightly under 105k miles.

My question is this, after having repaired all these problems and after performing a very thorough tune-up, can I reasonably expect this car to last me another decade?

I plan to replace all seals and gaskets in the engine, timing belt/water pump, all fluids, spark plugs, all filters etc.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
My cruel assumption is that if the seals the gasket, and etc... Goes after 10 years, this would indicate that after everything is replaced, it should theoretically last another 10 years, maybe even more. It also depends on how the car is going to be used, and under what conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.