Acura Legend Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Ya its pretty much up to you. If you have some experience working on cars, then you can do it, but if you don't know, I wouldn't do it. If you really want a 5-speed, then craigslist is your best friend lol. GL, hope you find a nice decent 5-speed.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ya its pretty much up to you. If you have some experience working on cars, then you can do it, but if you don't know, I wouldn't do it. If you really want a 5-speed, then craigslist is your best friend lol. GL, hope you find a nice decent 5-speed.
yeah thanks though, im not too good with cars im still kinda young and i want to learn more but i really dont want to go back to school but i think thats the only way i guess...but yeah ill def. be looking on craigslist alot lol.

· FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
lol just keep working on your Legend. Once you figure some stuff that needs replacing, and you know what is going on with it, you'll know you have that experience in ya.

But ya back on topic lol. Magnaflow is a good choice and cheap to buy it, Remus is hella expensive to buy (if you have deep pockets and don't care, then go for this one), and Stromung, its not that expensive. I'm planning to buy a Magnaflow cat. cause my old one is done. I can hear shit moving around lol.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
lol just keep working on your Legend. Once you figure some stuff that needs replacing, and you know what is going on with it, you'll know you have that experience in ya.

But ya back on topic lol. Magnaflow is a good choice and cheap to buy it, Remus is hella expensive to buy (if you have deep pockets and don't care, then go for this one), and Stromung, its not that expensive. I'm planning to buy a Magnaflow cat. cause my old one is done. I can hear shit moving around lol.
yeah i think im gunna stick with my car and im gunna get the magnaflow muffler, if anything later in the future i can always get another legend and mod that one as well...so anyways thanks for all the replys and stuff im gunna keep my car and work on it forever lol

· Registered
4,259 Posts
whats the different from the 14816 and the 14815??? cant find a difference.... all i got to say is too loud when underload especially when going up big hills.
^^^ Would a resonator dampened/reduced the noise level?!? just curious... I might be taking this route as well ;)

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
whats the different from the 14816 and the 14815??? cant find a difference.... all i got to say is too loud when underload especially when going up big hills and vibrates the crap out of my car. it sounds nice at idle and WOT but around 2-2.5k its a bit raspy. link below of my car till about 5 grand

edit: i didnt realize this was in the G1 section..lol... shouldnt sound too different
the only difference i can find is the 14816 has half a bigger tip diameter than the 14815 but i dont know if that will effect the way it sounds...but i could be wrong...

· Registered
69 Posts
All thse muflers sound great and look great, but here's one for ya. I bought my legend just this past january and i reallized that the person i bought it from had put a glass pack on it. It has a real nice little rumble to when at idle and just roars when you get on it. all in all it dont sound like no ricer.

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
^ :werd: Me and Beeze both had Ebay glasspacks ($30 shipped ftw hahaha) and they sound great...

and to address pnoye's question....my car still had the stock resonator with the glass pack installed, and it was loud as can be...IF it was quieter with the resonator, I cant IMAGINE how much louder it could have gotten :lol:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.