Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found out our car actually has 2 attenas. But you need an adaptor to hook up the window one cause its smalle. Anyone done this?> Where and what is the part I nee?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did this, i brough one of those extension with the different size end so i can hook up the window antenna to my cd player. I got my at Autozone, the box is label GM at the top, so it's designed for GM but worked on out legend. I can't remember that part number, but if u need it, just email me so i can get it for you.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I also have used the OEM window antenna instead of the mast antenna. I bought a GM mini plug (Which the second window antenna uses) to regular antenna plug adaptor from Circuit City.

·
Registered
283 Posts
After breaking my antenna mast last week, I switched to the window antenna and it worked great.. When I pulled my radio out, there were two antenna plugs - The red one from the real antenna was bigger and fit perfectly into my Kenwood Excelon's adapter, but the yellow one from the window didn't.
So, I got all technical and stuck the adapter in then used black electrical tape to secure it and I now get great reception - Better than normal antenna in my opinion.
Does anyone know of a way to hook the two antenna's together to get better reception? The hills and mountains are killing me..

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Roger said:
what do u mean hook up the window antenna ??? i was alwasy told both antennas are alwasy hooked up and they claberate togather using the strongest signal
Yes, with the OEM deck they both work together, but for those of us with aftermarket decks, we know have a choice. As you know, aftermarket decks only come with one antenna input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.