Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger window wont roll down. It has never gone slow or anything so i dont think its the motor and that fuse box in the car is to hard to read i dono which on it is. Could someone help. thanks.

--cody

·
Registered
699 Posts
my passenger window will roll down but wont roll up. i have to use the passenger side switch to roll it up...im not sure what the problem is but it sucks.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
Acurate420 said:
my passenger window will roll down but wont roll up. i have to use the passenger side switch to roll it up...im not sure what the problem is but it sucks.
My friend had the same problem in his 1991 maxima. I opened the master switch and found out that the copper contacts which complete the circuit when in contact were so oxided ( just like the battery leads on the battery) due to sparking over a long period of time. This oxide created a insulating layer that prevented the circuit from being completed when the buttons were depressed. I just scrapped the contacts to expose the bare metal again and lubed them then re-assebled the master switch and the windows started working just fine.

PS
I don't know how easy it is to dis-assemble the swiches on the legend. Again you might be better off getting another master switch.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Acurate420 said:
Sound like your passenger relay swith is broke, if you can roll it up with the driver side.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
CODY690 said:
The passenger window wont roll down. It has never gone slow or anything so i dont think its the motor and that fuse box in the car is to hard to read i dono which on it is. Could someone help. thanks.

--cody
I would pop it open and see if it is the swith or if its oxidied (is that a word) It does'nt sound like the motor. Can you use the driver side to roll it up or down. I priced the motor for my old G1 and dang, 750 bucks uninstalled. But, doesn't sound like the motor to me. Maybe a wire popped off.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Acurate420, I had the same problem a while back...my back right window would roll down from master control but would not roll back up except by using actual switch on rear door handle...you need to replace the master window console because you have a blown fuse. It is expensive somewhat $300 new from dealership for part itself and is not hard to replace. I was able to get it all done parts and labor for $125 by taking it to a local honda dealership because the mechanic there happened to have the part for his legend he didn't need so he replaced it for me and it works perfect now. it doesn't seem like it is an expensive fix as logically you should be able to fix only blown fuse or wire, but with these cars, you gotta replace the whole master window control on driver's side/

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i cant rool it down with eather driver or passenger. It has never gone slow but one day my sun visor sparked and blew some fuses and i replased some and it hink that might have done it. Could that fry that window or something?? it has never gone slow or anything

·
Registered
702 Posts
Cody, I don't think the window has anything to do with the sun visor. They are completely different and have nothing to do with each other. Here's a question for ya, do you have a coupe or a sedan? If ya have a coupe, could be one of several things, such as passenger window control panel could be blown or something, or your master lock switch is broken on your master control panel on the driver's side, because then you won't be able to open any window except the driver's side. If that's the case, then you have to replace the whole driver's side master window controls. You could also have a bad motor for the window itself. If you have a sedan then it definitely isn't your master window control console and could very well be blown motor or something for window.

Acurate, yeah it is very expensive. I was surprised as hell when i went to the acura dealership and he brought the part for me and was like the part is $300! I was like no thanks and just left and went to honda dealership. If you really want to get it done, you can try that mechanic I was telling you about not too long ago as he'd do it I'm sure for a much lower price.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it has nothing to do with the sun visor. But the sunvisor started sparking and somehow my Right tailight went out my corner lights and all my guage and interior lights. I replaced the fuse for the right rear tail light and it fixed everything. I have a coupe and all the other windows work fine and this one just messed up after i replaced or moved some fuses. Ill try to figure it out thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts