Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I closed the door of my recently aquiered 1991 legend L and the switch that locks all the windows (except driver's) fell off. it looks broken and it lso looks like the previous owner tried fixing it. now i cannot lower any of the windows (except mine). how do i fix this? please, help. my A/C needs to be charged with freon because it does not cool at all. please, help

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
veloci said:
I closed the door of my recently aquiered 1991 legend L and the switch that locks all the windows (except driver's) fell off. it looks broken and it lso looks like the previous owner tried fixing it. now i cannot lower any of the windows (except mine). how do i fix this? please, help. my A/C needs to be charged with freon because it does not cool at all. please, help
For your first problem, there a post in the DIY section by Ben Herrington on how to fix the switch.

Your AC, since it's a 91, it uses the older outlawed R12 refrigerant. Refrigerant doesn't just run out most of the time, you probably have a leak. Take it to a AC shop and have it look at it, they should be able to tell you what's wrong with it. Then you can decide wether to fix your old system and recharge with the hard to find and expensive R12. Or Convert your system to the new enviromentally friendly R134a system.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Guys, i read the post on how to fix the window lock swicth and i am a little lost. does any one have drawings or pictures of step by step fix? do not think i am inept or anything like that, it is just i cannot visualize what i have to do. i have been using the paper clip method, but at times the paper clip gets really hot, to the point that i cannot hold it. what am i doing wrong? also, if i stuff alumnum or tin foil, am i going to cause a major electrical burn out? i am saying this because the paper clip has gotten so hot.

·
Registered
744 Posts
veloci, you have mail.

I did send a step by step method and let me tell you...

You will save some B I G money doing this repair yourself.

I dealt with my door switch broken for 3 days and couldn't take it anymore. I need to feel the wind sometimes!

Its like this... spend 30 minutes before shelling out what is it 2 / 3 hunid dollaz - she~ite. Thats hotel money... okay, stop by Mac Donalds - throw her a few scraps - and spend some of that money you would have spent on the hotel.

KNLNGUS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts