Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok when i first bought my legend a few weeks ago the drivers side window did not work...............finally after bring the car in about 4 or 5 times and leaving it there for 1 to 3 days each time (they "got the wrong part" each time) they "fixed" it............and after he had put it back together the window would go up and down but it would go back up very slowly because the rubber insulation on the side of the window was not tucked over the glass properly, it was on the inside and it should have been on the outside..................and after fiddling with it for a while he seemed to get it and it did seem to be working, and the window would come down but would go back up a little slowly................but it worked. now its been about 2 weeks since then i think and my window comes down and going back up it slows down and pretty much stops about halfway up.................and u have to hold the window up button and pull the window up with ur hand...........to close it...........wtf man im gettin pissed now maybe i should just take it to the dealer?????
somebody please help.................

·
Registered
169 Posts
you can try to spray the glass and the path in which the glass slides with silicone spray.... i got that suggestion from someone else on the old forum, this seemed to work well for me

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
assmaster said:
you can try to spray the glass and the path in which the glass slides with silicone spray.... i got that suggestion from someone else on the old forum, this seemed to work well for me
I don't think that will help him, because the problem is not dirty or sticky window track. I think the window is inproperly aligned on the tracks, take the inner door panel out and take a look at it, maybe you can align it yourself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
now that i think about it, whitelegend might be right, make sure it is aligned correctly. i think there is a tutorial on legendtuner.com

·
Registered
424 Posts
do u still have warranty on it? I say take it back to them and b really pissed off and tell them to fix it right for once.

Latin.........................

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
btw, just an update:

the window kept coming out on top of the outer rubber insulation that is supposed to go over the window on the side, and thats why it was stopping. mechanic said the rubber piece on the inside of the window on top of the door was pushing too much on the window causing the glass it to come out on top of the outer insulation.
(damn i know that sounds so confusing)

so he pried back the rubber piece a bit with a screwdriver and he put some DW-40 along the edge of the track and it worked fine. he also said to get some silicone spray if it happens again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
stickywindow

i am having the same problem with my 93 acura legend...the window gose down well but is real slow and at times stagnant going up,..... i work in acura parts and i have looked at replacing almost everyhting from the rubber to the motor but one of the techs i work with realized that simply lubricating the rubber will solve the problem......good luck and email me with any questions
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts