Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
It is not that bad, once you have your panel off you will see a number of yellow/zinc 10mm bolts. There are two on the side the door opens from on the top side that have some lines etched into the metal. Those are the two most important as they are used to align the regulator. You may want to mark where your bolt sits now so when you put the new one in you can get the to align the same. Otherwise there are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the motor assembly in place.

The trickiest part is to NOT let the window drop when you take the bolts out! There are good instructions in the online manual.

·
city slicka
458 Posts
if i were you... i would purchase a new regulator from the dealership as a used regulator has approximately 13 years to it... you'll end up changing it again... you know what i mean?

regulator from the dealership is about 100 bucks.... you can still use your old window motor from the damaged regulator.... the window motor seems pretty durable so it should last a while... window motor from the dealership is about $200

·
Yeah BABY!
970 Posts
I think it's the regulator. Man, was this a tuff job for me. This took me 2 hours with no manual, just on the fly. I ended up going to junk yard to get one, I made sure the car low miles though. I lubed the crap out of the regulator before putting it back in. Only thing that got messed up for me were my tints a bit. Works peferct. I can do the job in maybe 30 minutes now. I'm freaking happy I got my window working after a year and half!! Good luck!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Really? First time for everything, I guess.
NOt really. I believe we've had this conversation before and I informed you that they can go bad because I put in both new oem regulators and one is slower than the other.

Forgot who asked if the coupe and four door motors are interchangeable, the answer is yes(of course it must be from the same side). The only diff when I checked was that the 4dr wires are a bit longer(no big deal), the mounting points, wire harness, resistance, and gears are all the same. I posted the info once before and informed the community that the rebuilt 4dr motors where like $20 cheaper(and you get more wire with that. LOL).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.