Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 92 coupes windows roll up but it seems as though the motor pushes the window closed in a forward angle.so when i drive on the highway i hear the wind from the windownear the side with the door handle.anyone know how to fix this?its really annoying.and my window rolls up slowly but facst after it rains.whats up with that?thanks.
roger

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually - what you describe sounds similar to my problem - its because the window is hanging up on the rubber stripping at the rear of the door and window. Just put a nice layer of silicon on your rubber stripping -

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You need to silicone the glass run channels IMMEDIATELY. On the CPEs, failure to frequently lube the channels results in the glass pinching and tearing the weatherstrip which will result in the glass "jumping" the weatherstrip at approx mid-point.
You will then need a new weatherstrip.

There is also a TSB re Wind Noise which describes the steps to take to adjust the glass to the weatherstrip. You need the TSB as tolerances are critical. I believe it was posted on the old Forum site.

If you do decide to try the glass adjustment, be aware that the CPEs inner door panel is heavy and must be supported and remain horizontal as it is removed. Failure to do this will place strain on the inner handle cable mounting tab and cause the tab to be broken off. You need to support and remove the cable from the tab before you lift the panel off of the door.

·
Registered
163 Posts
were exactly would you lube the window with silcone, I know you mention the channel, but I am not sure what you are refering to?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have two broken window seals - Do I need to go to the dealer to have those replaced or can I do it myself?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
With the CPE, you can DIY but you need the TSB to align the glass after it is reinstalled. The TSB will also indicate whether the glass run channels should be replaced along with the weatherstrip. If you attempt this yourself, you must be very careful to provide support to the inner door panel as it is removed as well as carefully disconnect the lock actuator cable from its tab on the inner door handle assy. If you twist the panel or not support it you run the risk of snapping the tab off of the inner handle assy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.