·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All
I recently purchased a 1993 4door legend, and I am in
need of the upper rubber window channel in the drivers
door.
is there an online store I can get it from ?
preferable with picture or drawing...(-:
all the website i searched had no listing of this part,
maybe I'm not calling it by its right name ?!

any info will be appreciated ...

·
Registered
671 Posts
isralegend said:
Hello to All
I recently purchased a 1993 4door legend, and I am in
need of the upper rubber window channel in the drivers
door.
is there an online store I can get it from ?
preferable with picture or drawing...(-:
all the website i searched had no listing of this part,
maybe I'm not calling it by its right name ?!

any info will be appreciated ...
I think I know what you are talking about... The rubber part that the window rolls up and down in? If this is what you are talking about, it is called a "run channel". You can get them from the acura dealer or www.ahmotor.com - You'll have to email Andy and tell him what part you want, as they don't list it on their website. I think it ran me around $70 including shipping.

To replace it you need to take the window out and then you can simply pull the rubber out of the door frame. Get some silicone spray and squirt it in the run channel where the window is going to go. To install it, just line it up and push it into the little groove, the sides are easy but the top is more difficult. You have to push pretty hard and play with it a little to get it to go in.

Let me know if you have any questions - good luck.

-James

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think what the original poster may be talking about is the rubber weatherstrip that the window tucks underneath that overlaps the glass on the outside to keep the rain out. Is the weatherstrip part of the run channel too? The piece coming off of mine is the vertical strip on the side of the window - hopefully it would come with the run channel. Anyone know?

·
Registered
671 Posts
sfearing said:
I think what the original poster may be talking about is the rubber weatherstrip that the window tucks underneath that overlaps the glass on the outside to keep the rain out. Is the weatherstrip part of the run channel too? The piece coming off of mine is the vertical strip on the side of the window - hopefully it would come with the run channel. Anyone know?
Yeup, that's the same thing.

-James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts