Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, gotta question. I have a 91 ls coupe. A week before a bought this car it was broken into. The passanger side window is in perfect shape but the molding it slides up and down on is cracked in 3 places from a screw driver cracking it. No problem I took the door panel off and the window is on track. So the mold needs to be replaced. no biggie. Down to the Local Honda dealer I head to replace my dingy, cracked up window mold. They tell me that it's a special order item and it runs $109.00. I laughed and out the door I went. I had a problem with the radiator fan motor. They also wanted 279.00 for this. I found a new aftermarket one on the internet for $39.00 probably not oem quality but no complaints. SO anyways my question is can I purchase a universal mold or does anyone know of a good place to get these?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I am surprised that the glass does not jump the weatherstrip or that you are not complaining about wind noise. I would think that the break-in had caused the window to become misadjusted. The Coupe glass must be adjusted very carefully (there is a TSB on how to adjust) or it will move out of the weatherstrip as the window is raised. Typically, the weatherstrip becomes pinched and breaks at about the half way mark due to lack of lubrication. Call Acura of Augusta (1-800-736-6818) and buy the part.

The only time you should use a dealer is when the part you need is approx. the same as Acura of Augusta plus shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
your lucky to get such a low price! I was quoted 300$ for the window molding from my acura dealer. of course I hung up the phone violently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts