Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 coupe with switch problems.

Passenger window: The master panel will put the passenger window up and down, the passenger switch will only put the window up.

Rear windows: the master pannel will put the rears down but not up, the rear switches will put the rears up and down.

When I took the master apart, it appears to have a common connection between the three windows. Does this sound like the master panel is buggered, or the there something else in the electrical that may cause this ?

Also, what is the factory speaker size in the doors of an "L".

·
Registered
108 Posts
The speakers are 6 1/2 all around. I put in some Polk's and it sounds great even with the factory head unit. As far as your windows, it sounds like the main switch is missing a line (maybe a ground). I would start there before tearing into the individual switches. Eli.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 89' Coupe L, but only with my rear drivers side window. It will come down using the master switch, but it will only go up if I use the rear switch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That sounds like the individual rear switch. If these are not used very often, a film can develop on the contacts and prevent it from working right. Take the switch out and check to see that all the connections are still intact, then spray inside it with a contact cleaner (Radio Shack) and work it repeatedly to clean it. Hapefully, that will do it. Eli.

·
Registered
282 Posts
rear right window no go- panel removal?

my 90 coupe has a tempermental rear window pass side-

How can I easily remove the panel without destorying it to get a t teh motor? -any hints0-

also pass seat electric motor front - back died as well -any hints- /
thanks

dave

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this same problem on my 89 Coupe. In my case it was the front passenger side window. I could put the window down from the master swich, but not up. From the individual switch it would usually go up (but sometimes I had to work the switch a bit to get it to go).

I ended up replacing the individual switch in the passenger door with one from a junk yard and the problem hasn't resurfaced since (2 years)

Good luck!

-Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts