Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......is just the first one who answers.:D

1. Is the tint removal spray that you can buy at Wal-mart legit? (Do it work?)

2. I heard that if you tint your back glass there is no use for the rear window defroster. Because the tint acts as a "anti-frost". Is this true?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leon Millette said:
1. - I don't know...sorry
2. - False. They fog up, so yes, you will still need your rear def. system intact.
Thanx Neon Leon....

1. It's some kinda tint removal chemical. I think it's suppose to dissolve the gummy adhesive or something. (around @ $5.00- WalMart)

2. I thought so. All my cars had tinted windows but I never really paid the back glass any mind (or in pimps terms "nay'on neva mind") :D I read an article in Super Legend (I wish - Super Street) and it stated this claim. My Ack has has 99.9% tint (so old the tint'ness - new word- has faded out) so it looks like just a clear film (99.9%) :D Absolutely pointless.So it's got to go. Want to get a percentage close to yours. So you know the next question.........What percentage is..... blah blah blah.....blah blah blah? Thanx again slick.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:

Thanx Neon Leon....

1. It's some kinda tint removal chemical. I think it's suppose to dissolve the gummy adhesive or something. (around @ $5.00- WalMart)

2. I thought so. All my cars had tinted windows but I never really paid the back glass any mind (or in pimps terms "nay'on neva mind") :D I read an article in Super Legend (I wish - Super Street) and it stated this claim. My Ack has has 99.9% tint (so old the tint'ness - new word- has faded out) so it looks like just a clear film (99.9%) :D Absolutely pointless.So it's got to go. Want to get a percentage close to yours. So you know the next question.........What percentage is..... blah blah blah.....blah blah blah? Thanx again slick.
LOLOLO...you crack me up :D. I have 20% all the way around on my ride, and it's plenty dark, any darker and it's hard to see out at night. As for percentage that is legal? Well, it depends on your state. Some states only allow you to tint the rear, some all you to black out your rears, but the front has to be clear, others allow only 35%, so you'll have to check out the laws in your state to figure out what is legal.

But, I know alot of people that run around with limo (5%) and don't get in trouble, but I guess you run the risk of being given a fix it ticket if a cop so feels like being a jerk....anyway, hope that helps...here are pic's of what 20% looks like:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/drop

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SushiLicious said:

LOLOLO...you crack me up :D. I have 20% all the way around on my ride, and it's plenty dark, any darker and it's hard to see out at night. As for percentage that is legal? Well, it depends on your state. Some states only allow you to tint the rear, some all you to black out your rears, but the front has to be clear, others allow only 35%, so you'll have to check out the laws in your state to figure out what is legal.

But, I know alot of people that run around with limo (5%) and don't get in trouble, but I guess you run the risk of being given a fix it ticket if a cop so feels like being a jerk....anyway, hope that helps...here are pic's of what 20% looks like:

http://members.aol.com/sushilicious/drop
Dude!!!!!! Stop doing this.........Adding a link on your replies to pics of your cars. It's like "click here" and then...BAMM!!!! A pic pops up in a box of your car. ( Excitement rate is the equivalent of a female suprising me with nude close-up pics on a somewhat humble "My first website - By Fisher Price" type deal. Trying to get me fired man? I'm like......"Great I got a reply."......."Great, he posted pics, i'll just click here and -Holy ****!!!" Co-workers looking at me like I just reformatted the company's mainframe. Trying to cover the screen like it's a nudy site. Looking around like I just broke the flipout screen Pioneer on display at the local audio-store ".....Oh, So you CAN'T swevel it sideways!!! Time to go!!!!........" That's a super tight Ack man. Keep it clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts