Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this site regarding window tinting. Looks to be very informative.

http://www.tintdude.com/

This site answered a lot of my questions.....and I learned quite a few things too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
did you

do your own yet?

Dangit after looking at that site, I think to myself in a drunken stupor, He11, I could tint my G1....

Really, Thanks for the link man,
buk

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: did you

Bukowski=Legend said:
do your own yet?

Dangit after looking at that site, I think to myself in a drunken stupor, He11, I could tint my G1....

Really, Thanks for the link man,
buk
You're welcome.

Yes, I've tinted my own windows in the past (not the Legend), but only used film on the door (read: flat) windows. The rear windows with the compound curves, I had flo-coated; essentially a black transparent paint. Glass shops years ago used to use this method, but it required that the window be removed from the car. They used to fill a pump-up bug sprayer with the stuff and spray it on while the window was on the ground. The flo-coat stuff showed up a bit later on the DIY market in spray cans.

My flow coat job from the rattle can came out real nice, but it was real hard trying to keep the dust from sticking to the paint while it dried.

The Legend had the windows done professionally when it was new ($245) with 3M film. It hasn't turned full purple yet, but the film on the rear window is starting to bubble and lift fron the defroster grid, and one edge on the driver's side door window is lifting as well.

I'm trying to gather up the motivation to remove and re-tint myself. I'll probably wuss out and just take it somewhere to have it done. BTW, the rear window appears to have been done by the heat-shrink method....it looks to be one-piece. I can't find any seams.

·
Registered
583 Posts
tint

I am usually a jump in feet first kinda guy, but the rear window looks to be a pain...

Thinking of maybe having a shop just do the rear window....

Thanks for the advise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts