Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Paid about 200 bucks in 1999. The tint was made by Johnson. Very nice, been on my car since then. No problem at all. I got 25% on front sides, and 15% on the rest except front windshield.

·
Registered
507 Posts
any one know of any pics of G1 legends w/ chrome tint? and if it costs more or not? I am getting tint, and wondering whether chrome would looks mad nice. I have a charcoal colored car, but plan to have it painted eitheir a metallic black, or a metallic vibrant blue.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I dont like chrome...

On my G2 Sedan I got Johnson tint all the way around... If you can get away with it, I like going 20% or darker (15% maybe) on all sides, and 5% (limo) in the back. Going reallly dark in the back helps keep the rest looking dark.

I had 5% on all 5 windows on my G1 and I had to roll down the windows to see my side mirrors at night. In my opinion, that was too dark. Then again, you can't see into the car at all... Another downside is that the cops just about charge at your car with guns drawn, because they cant see through your windows even with the spot light...

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got my tint for $125. I have Johnson's titanium tint..25% on the front sides and 15% on the back sides and back. My Legend is white and the contrast from the tint makes my car look a lot more sporty. The difference in appearence was like night and day, it was truly worth every penny. Not to mention, the tint keeps out sun light and keeps your car cooler. Make sure the place your getting your tint at offers a lifetime warranty, in case it bubbles or changes color in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts