Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only happens when sunroof and one window are closed (just drivers window open) but when I'm going upwards of 30-40mph, the front windows wont seal properly when I roll them up.

Is this just that the parts are getting old, or should I look more into maybe the motor bolts being loosened over the years...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if im on the highway driving more than 65mph, and i put my windows up, the front windows sometimes do not seal and i hear air seeping through. after playing with it a few times, window down and back up, it will seal. I think its more of the rubber seals in the window, but i do not think its too bad since water never makes its way in the car.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I think it's the rubber around the windows. If I'm going over 40-50mph and roll the window down/up it will not seal properly and i'll hear the wind noise. If I drop down below 40-50 and roll it down/up I don't hear any noise at highway speeds....

Leading me to a believe the extra speed puts more wind pressure on the rubber around the window inwards, and when you roll the window up it doesn't form a complete seal...It might have started happening when I put in the tint @ a shop, as they used the blow torch to bend the rubber seals a little bit.....

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Have you tried lubricating your window tracks with silicon spray? My windows were doing the same thing as well and now I have no issues. My window slides up and down excellent now!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
^ I am definately going to try that my drivers side window is horrindous.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
I have the same problem, but its at upwards of 80 mph. I have come to find out its the pressure difference between the interior of the car and the air outside. if you have it on outside air, its going to suck the windows in somewhat, but if you put it on recirculation its going to seal the air in the car and cause an outward pressure on the glass, helping it seal better. IF i do this, i usually have to drop my speed by about 5mph but it works.

I think it does have to do partly with age of the parts as some play does occur.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you are having that issue, go ahead and replace your window regulators first. My windows don't seal and are noisy at speed, so I went and bought new window seals because the old ones were crimped. After installing the new one on the passenger side, I was rather upset to see that the problem was not resolved. It turns out that the problem is much more due to the fact that the window regulator is worn out and needs to be replaced.
My 2 cents...

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you are having that issue, go ahead and replace your window regulators first. My windows don't seal and are noisy at speed, so I went and bought new window seals because the old ones were crimped. After installing the new one on the passenger side, I was rather upset to see that the problem was not resolved. It turns out that the problem is much more due to the fact that the window regulator is worn out and needs to be replaced.
My 2 cents...
are regulators also the cause of slowwww window rolling up cause its going up alittle crooked?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
ahoy. its not all the rubber. its usually the rubber part around the side mirror that ive noticed, when you driving at high speeds and u close and open ur window to often, it shift the little piece around the side mirror, its usually where it gets all bunched up, I had that problem too, what i did is i siliconed the rubber piece to the side mirror (obviously did it properly with black silicon to match the black rubber piece running between the side mirror and the car) i will take a picture for you guys later, ever since then NO wind noise what so ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts