Acura Legend Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
AKA Smartjay28
5,671 Posts
ROC said:
My 91 coupe D/S window had a mind of it's own quoted a replace price of master switch,500.00 if they could find one.HELP..THANKS
ye, thats wat i got too. i got a replacement on ebay for 150(after not being able to roll down or up ANY windows for 1year:giggle:, cept the moon roof)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, yeah my master switch on the drivers door, child saftey switch fell off about 2 years ago, so only the drivers window goes up and, down. I tried the aluminumin foil trick, stuffed it in there tight with a screw driver,even filled up the switch hole did not fix it, it has been a pain as the other three windows dont work, AHHHH help. Some photographs would be good for the fix. I looked inside the swithch casing, there are two contact points, is the idea to have a perminant connection? I have the switch that fell out, I used to to able to put it back in hold it down and the windows would work, but as soon as it fell out the other three windows would stop working, the honda dealer wants some crazy price to fix it. As far as I am concerened i do not need to have control over the other three windows, just have them working all the time. Any help would be great! [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you!

first off i just inherited an 93 acura legend 5speed 3.2l and i gotta admit i was suprised it's a very nice car drives great and has more speed then ever expected only thing is; on my driver side master window switch the window lock button broke and i was just about to order a new switch off of ebay ((which run about140.00 w/shipping)) then i see this neat quickfix idea with the tin foil and BAM im 140.00 richer and a hell of alot happier thank you soo much, this site just got a new regular!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
The images for this fix are not there anymore. Does anyone have them?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the switch (on/off) on the lower part of the master switch fell off all you need to do is stuff some tin foil in it and it will complete the circuit and all the windows will work again. Sounds crazy but it is true!

Here is mine...

That is stuffed with tin foil inside with the switch removed and covered with a piece or cardboard with black tape on it for a nicer look!

Here is how you do it...

(1) Remove the on/off switch unless it already fell off like mine.

(2) Stuff tin foil in tightly where the below graphic shows.

(3) Dress up as appropriate, the foil needs to be tight in there and could come loose occasionaly so don't over do it too much.

I used a metal bracket to pressure the foil in and it hasn't come undone in about 8 months.

-Ben
im having trouble wid my 91 legend window driver side. It wont go up ( close ). i had to take it to the shop they said i need a new master switch. Will this tin foil stragedy thing work too or no? All the windows work, up and down. its just the driver side that wont go up now. let me know, thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
If your rocker is still in place and broken like mine, lift out the plastic rocker and take your key and press the lower have of the switch down on the right side. That will complete the circuit as well. I discovered this while playing with it. I think the foil is just keeping the switch pressed down and I think you can do the same thing with other methods. I am using plumbers putty to hold mine down. It serves two purposes, it keeps the contacts closed and keeps the rocker from coming loose.

·
Registered
649 Posts
i just bought my car and the previous owner lost the window lock switch. now my 94 legend seden does not have working window. i used the tin foil tick and only my passenger size windows work, none on my driver side. would a master switch help fix this? or is it my window motor?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it were mine, I would remove the master switch assembly and try jumpering the broken switches. If the windows operate, then you know for sure. If not, at least you know you will need to start looking for a motor.

·
Registered
649 Posts
hey thanks for the advice. i actually purchase a master window switch and still, my two driver side window will not work. do i need to purchase a motor or the window regulator? and how much are they running?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Check to see if power is going to the window motors first. Two ways

1. Turn on inside lights, engine off, press the button. You should see a slight flicker, dimming if you will. Its real quick. Test it out on all buttons. If you see teh flicker then the main switch is probably not the problem. Then press the button on the switch of the window in question. Use the same theory, see what happens. If you do this and nothing happens then you should try pumping juice directly to the motor itself. There maybe diagrams on this site somwhere, or you can use a test light. This is more advanced however as you will need to know which wire is ground and which is power.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here is how you do it...

(1) Remove the on/off switch unless it already fell off like mine.

(2) Stuff tin foil in tightly where the below graphic shows.

(3) Dress up as appropriate, the foil needs to be tight in there and could come loose occasionaly so don't over do it too much.
ok, i did steps 1-3 last night and my windows still dont roll down.....what next??

·
Registered
10 Posts
All my windows work normal except my back passenger side window won't go up from the main driver switch. What's the solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
im having trouble wid my 91 legend window driver side. It wont go up ( close ). i had to take it to the shop they said i need a new master switch. Will this tin foil stragedy thing work too or no? All the windows work, up and down. its just the driver side that wont go up now. let me know, thanks
My 1995 Acura Legend driver side window will not go up or down. All the other windows are okay. What could be the problem? The power master switch or the motor itself? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
buy a new motor. I had the same problem and replaced it with one i bought on ebay. i dont even need the window to work, just that they wont tint my windows without it working. but replacing it should fix your problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
NONE OF THE WINDOWS WOK BESIDES THE DRIVERS ANDTHE SUNROOF. WHHOW COULD I FIX THT WITHOUT TAKING IT TO A MECHANIC IF POSSIBLE

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
yall harsh on some of these cats lol

21 - 40 of 67 Posts