Acura Legend Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Can someone rehost the pics for this DIY or create some new ones? Money is tight right now, and I can't afford to shell out for a new master switch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi, where's the child safety switch ? My rear windows does not work but front ones do. I checked the fuse, so before unmouting door's panel to check motors, if there's a switch for children please tell me where it is :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not your master window switch if your passenger side front goes down. The child safety lock is on the master window switch at the bottom (the toggle button that only says 'On').

Anyone able to host the pics that were originally up or show me what the crafted aluminum foil piece should look like?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think what you are referring to is different than what the original thread speaks about.

The folks earlier in this thread had a problem with the auto-down feature on the master window switch. In plain English, it wasn't going down with one-touch, but going down like any other window (i.e. you hold it until it goes down to the determined location of your choice). So, determined members found a quick, easy, and temporary way to fix the overly expensive and hard-to-find in good shape option of replacing the entire switch module.

What you describe sounds like a general issue with the switches, not specifically the auto-down feature. Thanks for the advice anyways, I'm sure it'll help others that are suffering the same problems.
has anyone found a way to fix the auto-down on the switch? my switch broke off and i tried gluing it back on but now it won't go to the second stop where it goes down automatically.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not your master window switch if your passenger side front goes down. The child safety lock is on the master window switch at the bottom (the toggle button that only says 'On').

Anyone able to host the pics that were originally up or show me what the crafted aluminum foil piece should look like?
Isn't that the switch for the auto function that the topic is about ?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Isn't that the switch for the auto function that the topic is about ?
No, the auto down feature is integrated into the switch on the driver's switch itself (you can feel it engage when you push down on the drivers side button). The on/off at the bottom is the child safety switch.

The topic at hand is the replacement switch for when the child safety switch breaks off (the on/off button at the bottom). When this button breaks, only the driver's side window will go down. This DIY was created to show how to make the child safety button work again, with the aid of aluminum foil.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, thanks, so I think this is not my pb as the passenger window work... Well, I don't know why the back windows do not works... The last owner told me he disabled it for children, has he been so dumb do disconnect the motors or did he lie :s Cause my fuse are OK...

·
Registered
287 Posts
fixed this problem this weekend. I ripped the door apart and soldered the two contact points together with a piece of wire and now all the windows word perfectly! so good to finally have working windows again and especially for the summer!

·
Registered
36 Posts
This thread saved me a lot of hate and discontent!

Thanks!

I thought my F/P side motor went out today. Then noticed nothing else but the F/D side window worked. Thought it was a relay. Nope!
Thought it was a short. Nope
So I do a search here and what do I find? This thread.

Stuffed aluminum foil in the empty slot where the rocker switch used to be.Problem solved! :bigok:

Now I just have to take a few hours to figure how to put the motor contraption back in place in passenger door. :uhh:

·
Mr. Couper
1,132 Posts
This thread saved me a lot of hate and discontent!

Thanks!

I thought my F/P side motor went out today. Then noticed nothing else but the F/D side window worked. Thought it was a relay. Nope!
Thought it was a short. Nope
So I do a search here and what do I find? This thread.

Stuffed aluminum foil in the empty slot where the rocker switch used to be.Problem solved! :bigok:

Now I just have to take a few hours to figure how to put the motor contraption back in place in passenger door. :uhh:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm happy that my once broken window switch is now fully functional! Money saved and only time spent. Hopefully, someone else can benefit by this today.:bigok:

·
Registered
31 Posts
My drivers window was rolling down on it's own, and not going up. Then I got it up, turned the car off and pulled the keys out (no power to car), windows rolls down, kinda creepy. Anyways, I got a new window switch, wrong color but will work for now. I assume I just need to remove the door panel, remove some screws and unplug the two harnesses and voi·là,..right??? Am I correct???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sup I had to register and thank the genuis that came up with the aluminum foil trick..... I just tried it and it works like a charm saved me $$$$ and frustraion! :bowdown: PRECIATE IT!!!! I'll be a regular on this site just bought a 95" legend my 1st Acura ... had to have one love the body style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the same problem with my 91 legend, only F/D and sun roof open, I came across this post about the other windows not working was wondering if anyone could give me a detailed explanation of how to use the tin foil to temporarily fix the problem.

Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My drivers window was rolling down on it's own, and not going up. Then I got it up, turned the car off and pulled the keys out (no power to car), windows rolls down, kinda creepy. Anyways, I got a new window switch, wrong color but will work for now. I assume I just need to remove the door panel, remove some screws and unplug the two harnesses and voi·là,..right??? Am I correct???
i am having the same issue. i bought a new motor and installed it, no dice.

What was your outome?

Was it a new window switch that made the difference, or you needed a new motor?

-kongbuiltt

·
Registered
30 Posts
i had that exact same problem. what i did was just jam a random screw in there and tightly screw it in so that the head could connect both of the metal contacts and short it out.
im a little iffy about the foil since the current is kinds strong and the foil will overheat like crazy. the fat bolt i shoved in there works fine but imma replace it with a real switch soon

41 - 60 of 67 Posts