Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thats a good one there Luvmylegend.
But like everyone who has had the same problem as you all you have to do is get some silicone spray from either a hardware store or home depot and spray it down the channel run that the windows run through. It'll take awhile to work because you have to let it sit for awhile so it can soak in.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I will add something to the silicone idea....

Get a whole wack of Qtips, and spray the end of it, and dig right inside the channel with them... you will see a nasty amount of grease come out. And you will need alot of Qtips becuz if they are slooooowwww, then they are pretty gummed up. It worked alright for me... go for it.. its better than replacing the motor, until it gets really bad and then you dont really have any other choice.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah, I did the silicone thing and my windows worked an a$$load better. I also like the idea of using the q-tips to clean out the channel. Should only take a few minutes to finish this.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I actually was gonna use the q-tips also when I recently siliconed my windows but I forgot, thanks for the reminder Mckenzie.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Could also be the window regulator. If you notice that your window has a unusual amount of play (moves around) in it, that could be the culprit. I replaced my driver's side window motor this weekend only to find that several nylon bushings in the regulator are worn out, causing the window glass to move around in the track. FYI, a new regulator is $91.98 from Acura of Augusta (got one on the way). Later----

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Hey how much is a new motor (passenger side) from acura of augusta and is it sold without the regulator?

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Yeah, you can buy them separately and a new window motor is about $185. In retrospect, my window motor was probably OK and i just needed to replace the regulator. You can have my old one for $25 if ya want it. PM me if interested----

·
Registered
397 Posts
The track is where the window slides up and down. The actual peices of rubber and foam that go around the window at BOTH sides.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hey Stevieray i've got that play that your talking about, is there anyway of repairing the regulator without changing it out for a new one?

G

·
my drivers side window has actually popped off track when rolling up...could that be my regulator? I know they replaced one on my TL but that is under warranty. Damn I wish I had warranty on my Legend...

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
I wish...

Unfortunately, there's no way to replace just the nylon bushings. Honda makes MUCH more money selling you a new regulator. Good news is that the driver's side is probably the only one you'll ever have to replace 'cause it gets the most use.

A word of caution here----if you do replace the old regulator, be careful in removing the window motor. The regulator is spring-loaded and the tension is removed when the motor is taken off. A real finger-eater....:D :D :D

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
hey stevieray, that offer sounds good, when i have more time to see what the root of my window problem is, i'll let you know if i'll take u up on it, thanks :)

·
I love hot girls.
749 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
go get some silicone spray and spray it in underneath (pull it back with ur hands) the rubber insulation that covers the outside edge of the rear of the window.

dw-40 will also work.
Yeah I'll do this this weekend on my driver's window. It's so damn slow coming up. Should I do it with the window down or up? I mean I haven't tried silicone spray before, so I don't know if it'll ruin my glass if I do it with the window down? Thanks :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
What I done was take white lithium grease (the kind in the toothpaste-looking tube) and used a Q-tip to apply it... It takes forever to do but it lasts much longer than silicone spray, plus it's stickier and thicker so it holds in the channel better. Also, cleaning the channels before grease will help out a lot. My driver's window rolls up twice as fast than it used to, literally.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts