Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Wrong section. Moved to General Discussion.

PS: Legend window trims are not held in with adhesive. It's a series of small plastic clips that can be bought at the Acura dealer.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I can understand the reason for wanting to use the 3m Stuff, Acura really rapes you on the cost of those crappy window trim clips!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Window-Weld for the trim? Wouldn't want to have to pull that window out again?
If it's done right, with patience and care it can be removed, or you might need a new car everytime you have to replace a windshield. Silicone sucks and I wouldn't trust it.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
You ever try to dig all of that shit out of a window channel? I have and no thanks. The dealer is not the only place that has the clips, most glass repair or body shops have them and if you're balking over the price of window clips, I hope your real diff seal doesn't go. You'll really get sick then.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
If it's done right, with patience and care it can be removed, or you might need a new car everytime you have to replace a windshield. Silicone sucks and I wouldn't trust it.
+1. Do it right and don't worry about it again. I also replaced the foam insulation strip (#2) & spacers (#3) when I replaced mine. Fits like OEM.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I can understand the reason for wanting to use the 3m Stuff, Acura really rapes you on the cost of those crappy window trim clips!
I would perfer to use the clips, it's not that outragiously priced either, but the man asked about adhesive. What I would use the window weld for(as far as the trim goes) is to make a new seal for the left and right windshield trim, since acura only sells the complete trim which is a bit expensive for just needing the seal. I've been thinking about this for a bit know but like always I have more plans and ideas then time or $. I was thinking of buying some mold release liquid from McMaster Carr and apply it to the glass and body, fill the trim with the windoweld to about where the stock seals were, then place it back on the car and clean up the sides as if applying silicone on a bath tub. Then let it dry real good and remove, now just put on the clips and attach. Hopefully my plans for the seals will work, cause then it's off to other seal repair plans.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Are you talking about the rubber seal that's part of the trim piece? I feel ya on that. $170 a side is no joke. I've had to replace it 3 times on my Sedan. Window-Weld should work for your idea. +1 for you.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Are you talking about the rubber seal that's part of the trim piece? I feel ya on that. $170 a side is no joke. I've had to replace it 3 times on my Sedan. Window-Weld should work for your idea. +1 for you.
Wow 3x, if both sides, that's like $1000.00 in trim. Isn't that always the case though, ask NY governor he spent like $3000.00 on trim. LOL
btw, yes I was referring to the seals you stated.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Wow 3x, if both sides, that's like $1000.00 in trim. Isn't that always the case though, ask NY governor he spent like $3000.00 on trim. LOL
btw, yes I was referring to the seals you stated.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, but he got $4300 trim. Per shot. Damn. That's almost as bad as the FIA president, Max Mosley, hiring 5 prosties for a cool $5000 and having them dress up in Nazi costumes and spank him. Eurotrash FTL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts