Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
oh ya! you have no idea how many i got. the previous owner apprently got mauled by a gravel truck. im just going to end up replacing the whole windshield probably, if the chips are pretty big (like mine are) then thats what you gotta do. sorry :(

-brandon

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
most insurance co. will not charge a deductible for this repair at the windshield shop...cheaper than them paying for a new windshield. Some states require insurance to replace windshield as a safety hazard (florida for one). Check your policy, before you shell out bux for replacement. those kits can work somewhat, but can't really pull enough vacuum to make it really unnoticeable, as the shops can. If the chip is in the line of sight, they usually won't do it and you won't like it either.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
hey roger, I have a big fat one on my wind shield too. Got on hwy 96, rocks fly everywhere on that road. I took it to a auto glass called "the glass doctor" here in Ann Arbor, but there are tons of similar shop everywhere, so EL should have some too. It cost me $50, but my insurance covered it. Most insurance will cover it. But keep in mind that the chip will not be invisible, you can still see it. The point for the glue and suction cup fix is so that the chip will not expand to a crack. If you want it to completely go away, then you'll have to repalce the whole windshield. I was quoted $450 for the whole windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts