Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ..my windshield wipers stop working but the motor still works,so i took the whole assembly out with the motor attached to it.sure enough one of those "plastic" snap on covers fell off one of the arms.i took the part itself to a few garage no knows where to purchase that "plastic" cap which holds the grease.one dealer told me i would have to buy the whole arm itself...any ideas ..can't belive i have to buy a whole arm just to have a piece of plastic cap for a windshield wiper arm mechanism...thanks

· Registered
264 Posts
I used some industrial strenght glue from Lowes I have lying around the house and clued the cap back. In fact I took the rest of the caps out and clued them. Next I just applied plenty of automobile grease to the arm.

· Renaissance.
3,096 Posts
jackradics said:
hi ..my windshield wipers stop working but the motor still works,so i took the whole assembly out with the motor attached to it.sure enough one of those "plastic" snap on covers fell off one of the arms.i took the part itself to a few garage no knows where to purchase that "plastic" cap which holds the grease.one dealer told me i would have to buy the whole arm itself...any ideas ..can't belive i have to buy a whole arm just to have a piece of plastic cap for a windshield wiper arm mechanism...thanks

Try a salvage yard. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you seek.

· Registered
110 Posts
That's funny, the exact thing just happened to me. I have the cap but it has a small crack in it. I guess I could send it to you if you want.
I just went and got the new arm ($17 bucks) and figured that was cheap because I was relieved that my motor or other stuff wasn't broke. Figured that I might as well fix it with the new arm so I didn't have to mess with taking all that stuff apart and putting back together again if that cap popped off again.
Like I said, only $17 (because I used my friend's shop account @ Acura) but it was only like $21 regularly - so it isn't really that bad.

· Registered
110 Posts
Are you sure they are looking at the correct arm? I looked right on the parts person's computer screen at the diagram of the assembly and pointed out exactly what I needed. They didn't have one in stock but they ordered it and it only took 2 days to get there.
Regular price quoted to me was like $21 or $22.

Like I said, if you can't get it for that price I could send you my old cap which has a small crack in it and you could try to make it work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.