Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of upgrading my Bose deck in my Legend to an aftermarket deck. When I get the deck installed, I want the installer to run the RCA cables to the back (where the original amp used to be). I heard from someone that the wires should be run on the opposite side of the power cables to avoid any "NOISE". If this is true, could someone please tell me which side I should run the RCA cables on? Thanks.

Sim Garcha
1991 Acura Legend LS Sedan

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Since your battery is on the drivers side, you should run your power wire down the drivers side. RCA's should be ran down the passenger side. take your time, make sure you don't break anything and you should do ok. If you run into problems, just post and I'll coach you through it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yeah, you want to run RCA's down passenger side. Never run RCAs and Power side by side, you will have noise most of the times. If you come to a point where the 2 lines have to cross, make sure to cross them in a perpendicular manner, reducing the likelyhood of noise.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is wiring the remote bass control wire (The phone like cord) next the the RCA cable ok? Also, where else would be a good way to route the RCA cables back to the trunk? I have one along the passenger side but there is no more room for another RCA Cable. I'm planning on upgrading my Deck and running more RCA cables from the new deck to my 4 channel amp which is using the high inputs right now.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
Running the bass control wire next to the RCA's should be fine.

What I did in my last coupe was I took the entire interior out, carpet and all. I ran all the power and ground wires (had 2 different grounds, one to the battery, one in the trunk) down the driver side floor, under the front driver seat, then under the rear carpet, then under the rear seat. All RCA's (had 3 sets) ran down the passenger side under the passenger seat, then under the rear seat.

That was the only way to eliminate engine noise and Power inverter noise from my system. You'll probably have to do this since you're running a line driver. I had an AudioControl Three.1, Monitor, PS2, VCR, and a power inverter though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.