Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Well I have the stock radio and steering wheel controls in my Acura Legend. I also have a 6 disc cd-changer in the trunk.

Is there any way that I can buy a new in dash cd player and still be able to hook my 6-disc cd changer up to it? Also, is there any way I can hook my steering wheel controls up to it? Or will I lose the ability to use those?

Please post some responses. Thanks.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Obstruktion said:
Hey guys.. Well I have the stock radio and steering wheel controls in my Acura Legend. I also have a 6 disc cd-changer in the trunk.

Is there any way that I can buy a new in dash cd player and still be able to hook my 6-disc cd changer up to it? Also, is there any way I can hook my steering wheel controls up to it? Or will I lose the ability to use those?

Please post some responses. Thanks.
there has been alot of talk about this in the Audio & Electronics forum... look there. last time i checked they were talking about a device that allowed you to hook to the sterring wheel controls to after market decks, but im not sure about the cd changer. it'll probably work on any aftermarket deck that accepts Alpine changers (you may how to do a little re-wiring though).

hope this helps.

-brandon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can you add a changer to an in dash CD player? I haven't seen that but have to admit that I have not followed this issue. When I added the in-dash player to my vette, I went with an mp3 player rather than a changer and got all the functionality of a changer with good over exhaust sound.

Having said that, I added an aftermarket Alpine CD changer to what I understand to be the OEM Alpine system and the steering wheel controls still did their thing ( I was told that If I went with another brand, I would need a remote or a stalk).

Seems to me if the head unit accepts the steering wheel controls and controls the CD player, then the limited CD capability on the steering wheel should pass through. Your trick may be trying to get the steering wheel controls to figure out which cd player it is controlling.

Bob

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
It really isn't all that complicated.

You can install an aftermarket in-dash headunit (CD player or otherwise) and use the CD changer IF and only IF the headunit is Alpine, and accepts and Mbus changer.

If you use any other brand of headunit, or use an Alpine unit which uses Ai-net, then you would have to change your cd changer to match as well.

There is in fact a IR repeater that you can attach to your factory steering wheel controls to control most headunits that have IR capability. The buttons functions are determined by what you program it to do. They would correspond with the functions of three buttons on the remote control unit of the headunit of your choosing.

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,573 Posts
Legend GS do you know where I can buy this device? I have missed my steering wheel controls for a while now.

thanks

D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.