Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hate to start another "wont start" thread but i can't seem to find an appropriate fix through the search.

twice now (in the last 5 days) my car has decided not to start. it doesn't crank, or make any noise as far as i can discern. all the lights go on (abs/check engine/oil...etc) radio starts up, all electrical seems to work. when i get into the car at these times there's a 'dingle dingle' chime like as if the lights are on (but they ain't) and my blinkers start flashing slowly as if in hazard light mode (though not exactly the same) once i turn the key.

i've eventually got it to start by playing with my keyless entry (which has been acting odd for the last year or so).

any suggestions? i've got a '93 LS coupe 6spd (which i may be selling if you're interested)

alex

· Registered Abuser
551 Posts
yea, same thing happened with me. it was the keyless entry. if i unlocked the door with the key, it would start right up. if i use the keyless entry, i have to start it up immediately after opening the door as if there was some kind of time limit. but i noticed sometimes when i hit the unlock with the remote, it wouldnt unlock the first time but i would get a click sound instead. do you get this? and if i hit it again, then the doors to unlock. so you have to hit it twice, but sometimes it works on teh first try. its weird but i got used to it. but for times when the car wouldnt start at all like you mentioned, i popped the hood and messed with the wiring for the alarm to maybe get a better connection, and it always worked right away.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i guess this is a fairly common problem...i think i'll be disabling my alarm via the hood trick to try and solve my problem, unless someone has any other suggestions,

al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.