Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the baby, yesterday wooooo hooooo!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!! It's a 1995 GS Pearl White with everything u could want and more :D. Happy Day 4 Me! :D. Here's one crappy pic, I'll try to get my co-worker to another one.

Just in case u get an X here's the link

http://www.geocities.com/legend94803/newfront.jpg

Ok that was the good news, here's the bad ones lol Sorry to make this a long post.

1) I was driving and it smelled like coolant. I turned off the car waited about 2 min. Let the pressure out, and checked the resevoir, it was empty, so I added some, added water to the radiator and foam came up :eek: Is this normal? I hope they didn't put soap in the resevoir thinking it was the wiper container :mad: Am I gonna hav to change another radiator? I'm gettin good @ this. LOL

2) Can someone tell me how to adjust the 545T (system that turns on light 4 u @ night). It's very annoying, I turn off the car @ night, and the lights stayed on (while blinking inside) for 75 seconds. I know it's possible to adjust by Acura, but is it a do it urself job? How? And how hard is it to uninstall the alarm system, I might sell it, don't realy like it.

Thanks. Latin............

I apologize again for such a long post.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I got another crappy pic lol. Too sunny over here. Woooo Hooooo!!. Hey Future X BTW I hav a cd stacker, but the weird thing that it's a Honda one :confused: I think the original one was stolen :mad: well I wanted to let u know myb u could buy that one for ur ride. It's cheaper prob :D.

Latin...............

http://www.geocities.com/legend94803/newback.jpg

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
The links aren't working for me....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't think geocities supports direct linking - either way, just copy and past the URL to your browser and then WA LA - there she is. All dressed in white.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KNLNGUS said:
I don't think geocities supports direct linking - either way, just copy and past the URL to your browser and then WA LA - there she is. All dressed in white.

KNLNGUS
LOL, Thanks bro. I tried cropping the pic to 400x400 and than it told me the file was to big, so I was :angry: and about to throw the comp through the window.

Latin................

·
Registered
744 Posts
1) I was driving and it smelled like coolant. I turned off the car waited about 2 min. Let the pressure out, and checked the resevoir, it was empty, so I added some, added water to the radiator and foam came up Is this normal? I hope they didn't put soap in the resevoir thinking it was the wiper container :angry: Am I gonna hav to change another radiator? I'm gettin good @ this. LOL

Boy, this sure isnt a funny paragraph.

Okay, first of all - the fluid may have pressure in the system that will dissipate as the fluid is expelled through the radiator into the reservior. Seeing foam isn't good, so here is what I want you to do. Empty your reservior, clean it out, and fill to the min line with the same mixture of radiator fluid and distilled water (ONLY) that you intend on putting in your radiator. Drain your radiator and fill up using the chart on the back (50/50 or 50/75 of distilled water ONLY and radiator fluid). You will then need to put the cap back on the radiator and run your engine so that you may bleed it correctly.

NOW - once you have bled your system - if you take her out for a spin and you notice the reservior tank is empty - you had better pray that there is a leak the reservior tank.

It is very possible that they could have filled the radiator reservior with window washer fluid - bad mistake. I know you did this already - but please check the oil on the dip stick for anything that does not look like honey (excessive bubbles or white froth) and the fluid in the radiator for oil contamination.

Hit the forum back - inquiring minds want to know it was a quick and cheap fix. Get the air out of your system. You could develope all kinds of problems from overheating to erratic engine idle.

KNLNGUS

Sweet looking ride - are you ready to give her some mods?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully today when i get home or over the weekend I'll do the mixture and let u know. U got me trippin now. Cuz twice when I turned my car on or parked the car idled to the lowest line :( The car hasn't shown any symptoms of over heating. If they put soap in there, than I gotta decide to flush it or get a new rad like last time. I'll keep u posted. Thanks again.

As for the mods, not yet, I want to fix everything and than lil' by lil'.

Latin...........

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Congrats on the GS. I remember when I got mine, hell of a day. :D
Hope you get everything fixed. Just out of curiosity, did you get an inspection done on the car before buying it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, but i didn't check the rad :( Here's a lesson to b learned. But no biggie I'm gonna hav my friend (he's a mechanic) look it over. I'll post wot I found out on monday.
Latin.............

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Congrats and...

LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
good luck, Latin
Thanks, Latin..............

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Congratulations Latin, I know you have been desperately waiting for this day and now your here. Hope you enjoy the GS and take good car of her.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I know this is old but, It looks good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts