1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang man.
4 Billion?

LOL

Anyone else here in the Telecom Industry?
I'm watching their downfall closely. My roommate works w/ them and her female friend works w/ them as well in Loudoun County, Virginia. It's sad.

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
Yet another example of the high quality auditing performed by Arthur Anderson.... I cant believe these people arent in jail yet. What is it going to take to stop their manipulation of the stock market? I bet they know martha stewart too.
Hey jose I am in the process of resurrecting my legend. I am waiting on a hood then paint and minor repair/modification to the JDM setup and it should look like it did before my accident.

·
Registered
368 Posts
full_stealth; glad to know the shocker is known country wide lol, it might sound like bull**** but we actualy cam up with the shocker like a ear or so ago. honestly lol, pretty bad ass though lololol

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work at NTT/VERIO so it's in my best interest to know.

If anyone here knows anyone that needs a T1 or T3, call 800-GET-VERIO, or a dedicated server.

We need all their customers so we can stay afloat. :)

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
I found the shocker today on off-topic.net and stole it to use here. It is kinda graphic. I like these funny ones. especially the jerkin squirrel. You know the one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I was back East I worked for Convergent Communications and we got our T1's through WorldCom. It was a virtual high speed pain in the a$$ getting everything set up. In early 2001 Convergent was sold to Intertel and I lost my job only to have it offered back to me a few weeks later. I turned it down because I was moving to Sac-town and BOY was that a good move. Too bad this is happening to WorldCom, as if enough bad stuff hasn't happened in the Telecom industry already. When are things gonna get better?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was an Account Executive for WorldCom for the 2 years (2000-2002). We saw this coming at the end of 2000. Shady company(execs). too bad they had to go and dirty the UUNET name.
Same with Qwest, I worked for USWest for 3 years, once they "merged" (were bought) by Qwest, I left. Joe Nacchio is a cut throat cat and made it clear that he was there to raise the stock price period. Which is good but at what cost. You will hear about there dirty laundry with in 3 to 6 months im sure. One of the things that was always quoted around there is
"Perception is Key!". I dont think they realized perception can change.
But I love Telecom, It was great to me $$ :D. And these companies have done some amazing things over the last 10 years. Its crazy how far things have come over a decade, I cant even imagine what the next 10 years will bring.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
When are things gonna get better?
In a more general sense..... when people stop being greedy. People have it soooo good these days in North America and all they want to do is make more money...profits,earnings, etc.... That is what is wrong with todays world.....GREEED...... How many millions are enough??

We have it pretty good here where we are in North America...... but remember.... "Cash Is King" and always will be...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.